1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Angle plus horizontal velocity, please help!

1. Sep 26, 2007 #1
    if an object is fired at a 20 degree angle and has a horizontal velocity of 30m/s, what is the vertical displacement, how long the ball is in the air, horizontal displacement, original velocity of the ball????

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2007 #2
  4. Sep 26, 2007 #3

hotvette

Homework Helper

You need to show some work. Do you have any relevation equations for projectile motion?

5. Sep 26, 2007 #4
    basic motion - free falling body. range is straight line

6. Sep 27, 2007 #5

hotvette

Homework Helper

OK, so what are the applicable equations for basic motion - free falling body and how does that relate to the problem statement?

7. Sep 27, 2007 #6
    if u help me find the initial velocity or time i could find the the problems myself

8. Sep 27, 2007 #7

hotvette

Homework Helper

The easiest part is the initial velocity. You are given an angle and the horizontal component of the velocity. Draw a triangle and use some trig.

9. Sep 27, 2007 #8
    okay i can't do t the trig and i have a test tommorow please show me how to do it

10. Sep 27, 2007 #9
    never mind i got it. thanx for reminding me about the trig

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?