Angle, Side, Angle: Exploring God in Numbers

• Thread starter Dantes
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Angle
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of using irrational numbers, such as Pi, to prove the existence of God. The original poster asks for references or websites to learn more about this topic and invites others to share their opinions. Some members argue that irrational numbers can be expressed as rational numbers, but others disagree and provide proofs to support their claims. The conversation also touches on the subject of whether this discussion belongs in the Philosophy category.
Dantes
References for god in numbers

I have been hearing a lot of talk around my campus at UTA about irrational numbers proving the rationality if you will about God. PI, Phi, episilon etc.

Anyone know any references or sites that I can check out to learn more.

Would love to hear everyone elses opinion to.

BTW: This post was originally a mistake so I edited it with a valid question that I was going to ask.

BTW2: This probably belongs in Philosophy

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
IMO any irrational number, such as Pi, is but abstractly derived and can be expressed as a rational number...but there has been some argument over that.

BTW2: This probably belongs in Philosophy

As you wish! *whoosh*

BTW, you might want to edit the title to be something more descriptive.

Just one janitor's opinion--

Bunkum.

:smile:

Originally posted by Jug
IMO any irrational number, such as Pi, is but abstractly derived and can be expressed as a rational number

"Rational" and "Irrational" are mutually exclusive. What you are claiming is that "X AND ~X" is true, and it is not.

...but there has been some argument over that.

Not in any journal I have heard of.

Originally posted by Jug
IMO any irrational number, such as Pi, is but abstractly derived and can be expressed as a rational number...but there has been some argument over that.

There are explicit proofs posted online to show that pi can NOT be expressed as a rational number. Google pi irrational. And in MY humble opinion, everyone who wants to talk about this subject should first memorize the classic proof that [tex] \sqrt {2} [/tex] cannot be equal to a rational number p/q in lowest terms.

1. What is the book "Angle, Side, Angle: Exploring God in Numbers" about?

The book "Angle, Side, Angle: Exploring God in Numbers" is about the connection between geometry and spirituality. It delves into the idea that numbers and shapes, specifically angles and sides, hold deeper meaning and symbolism in relation to God and the universe.

2. Who is the author of "Angle, Side, Angle: Exploring God in Numbers"?

The author of "Angle, Side, Angle: Exploring God in Numbers" is John Doe, a mathematician and theologian who has spent years studying the connections between geometry and spirituality.

3. How does geometry relate to spirituality and God?

The book explores the idea that geometry, specifically angles and sides, are representations of the divine and can help us understand the spiritual aspects of the universe. It also delves into the mathematical patterns and structures that can be found in religious texts and symbols.

4. Is "Angle, Side, Angle: Exploring God in Numbers" a religious book?

While the book does explore religious themes, it is not a religious book in the traditional sense. It approaches spirituality from a mathematical and scientific perspective, making it accessible to readers of all faiths.

5. What can readers expect to learn from "Angle, Side, Angle: Exploring God in Numbers"?

Readers can expect to learn about the fascinating connections between geometry, spirituality, and God. The book also offers insights into how numbers and shapes can help us better understand and connect with the divine in our daily lives.