1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Angular acceleration help

1. Nov 27, 2006 #1
    i havent been able to figure this one out... i have trouble following the explantion from my instructor. thanks for any help in advance

A rigid object consists of a point mass of 2 kg momentarily located at (-3, 2) m with a force of (6, 2) N acting on it, a second point mass of 3 kg momentarily at (6, -2) m with a force of (3, -4) N acting on it, and a third point mass of 1 kg momentarily at (-2, -5) m with a force of (5, 5) N acting on it. Suppose this rigid three-particle object can only rotate about an axis passing through the origin and perpendicularly the x y plane. (This means the axis also exerts forces on our rigid object.) What is the angular acceleration of our rigid object about this axis?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 27, 2006 #2
    would the answer be in rad/s squared?
  4. Nov 27, 2006 #3

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Yes it would. What do you know about the angular motion of rigid bodies that pivot on a fixed axis?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?