Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Animatronic Eye Mechanism -- Help please

  1. May 30, 2016 #1
    Hello All. I'm searching for this part and also have video footage of it in motion. I cannot find it to finish the eye mechanism because I don't know what it's called. Can anyone tell me what it is? I would greatly appreciate it. Even companies dealing in such parts as well as metal fittings have steered me wrong. Thanks in advance.

    video link: start at 35 second mark.
  2. jcsd
  3. May 31, 2016 #2
    I would think it is some kind of ball-socket coupling, or universal joint coupling.

    What are you calling it?

    Nice video by the way.
  4. May 31, 2016 #3


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

  5. May 31, 2016 #4
  6. May 31, 2016 #5
    Thank you! That's it!!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted

Similar Discussions: Animatronic Eye Mechanism -- Help please
  1. Chem + Mechanics (Replies: 2)

  2. Mechanical Engineering (Replies: 2)