What Is Anita Mui's Most Famous Cantonese Song?

• Thread starter PrudensOptimus
  • Start date
In summary: No need to summarize.In summary, the famous song by Mei Yan Fang is really good. The song is in Cantonese and is sung by Mui.
PrudensOptimus
To Chinese music listeners,

What is that famous cantonese song by Mei Yan Fang(Anita Mui), the singer who died recently because of cancer?

That song is really good, I don't kno the name. It's in Cantonese.

-Tom

Physics news on Phys.org
Anita Mui: sultry pop star whose torrid concerts and frequent image makeovers earned her the tag "the Asian Madonna".

I was reading Time Magazine today in the train :)
no, hypnagogue, that is not a gossip magazine

Originally posted by Monique
Anita Mui: sultry pop star whose torrid concerts and frequent image makeovers earned her the tag "the Asian Madonna".

I was reading Time Magazine today in the train :)
no, hypnagogue, that is not a gossip magazine

Yea she's really popular, and often regarded as the Asian Madonna because of her obsessed makeovers.

I really want to know the name of that song, is really good.

Originally posted by PrudensOptimus
That song is really good, I don't kno the name. It's in Cantonese.
Is the song fast or slow ? Any more hints other than it is sung by Mui?

Originally posted by KLscilevothma
Is the song fast or slow ? Any more hints other than it is sung by Mui?

I don't know... Just heard it a few times on a concert.

Can you describe the song a little bit?

It's a pity that she died so young. Early last year, her best friend, Leslie Cheung, also a very popular Cantonese singer, leaped from the 20th floor of a hotel and died, which was a great shock for Mui. It's pretty sad of losing 2 very good singers in one year.

Originally posted by KLscilevothma
Can you describe the song a little bit?

It's a pity that she died so young. Early last year, her best friend, Leslie Cheung, also a very popular Cantonese singer, leaped from the 20th floor of a hotel and died, which was a great shock for Mui. It's pretty sad of losing 2 very good singers in one year.

Just list all the best cantonese songs by Mui and I'll listen to them each by each.

1. Who is Anita Mui (Mei Yan Fang)?

Anita Mui, also known by her stage name Mei Yan Fang, was a Hong Kong singer and actress who rose to fame in the 1980s. She was known for her powerful vocals and versatile acting skills, and is considered one of the most influential and popular entertainers in Hong Kong's history.

2. What is Anita Mui (Mei Yan Fang)'s most famous work?

Anita Mui had a successful career in both music and film, with numerous hit songs and award-winning performances. Her most famous work includes the films "Rouge" (1988), "A Better Tomorrow III" (1989), and "The Heroic Trio" (1993), as well as the albums "Bad Girl" (1985) and "Anita" (1993).

3. What was Anita Mui (Mei Yan Fang)'s impact on the entertainment industry?

Anita Mui was a trailblazer in the entertainment industry, breaking barriers and paving the way for future generations of female artists. She was known for her bold and fearless image, and her ability to continuously reinvent herself and stay relevant in the ever-changing industry. Her influence can still be seen in the work of many artists today.

4. When did Anita Mui (Mei Yan Fang) pass away?

Anita Mui passed away on December 30, 2003, at the age of 40, after a battle with cervical cancer. Her death was met with an outpouring of grief from fans and fellow artists, and her legacy continues to live on through her music and films.

5. What honors and awards did Anita Mui (Mei Yan Fang) receive?

Anita Mui was recognized for her talent and contributions to the entertainment industry with numerous awards and honors. She received the Golden Horse Award for Best Actress in 1990, the Hong Kong Film Award for Best Actress in 1993, and the Golden Needle Award at the 1996 RTHK Top 10 Gold Songs Awards. She was also posthumously inducted into the Hong Kong Avenue of Stars in 2004.