Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Annals of Physics (NY)

1. Mar 28, 2007 #1

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Does anyone here have access to, or know the web address of, the Journal known as "Annals of Physics (NY)"? I've been unable to find an article from that journal, despite the fact that I've looked in the libraries of 2 universities. In NY. :grumpy:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 28, 2007 #2

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is this the Annals of Physics published by Elsevier? If so, I have electronic access.

4. Mar 28, 2007 #3

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm not sure if that's the one. I saw the reference in a book I'm studying from. For some references he says, "Ann. Phys." and for others he says, "Ann. Phys. (NY)". He had me thinking that it was 2 different journals. However, I've just looked for my article in plain old "Ann. Phys.", and it was there. So they must be the same thing.

Just out of curiosity, in the Elsevier Ann. Phys., does the following reference exist?

Jaffe, Lesniewski, and Lewenstein
    Ground State Structure in Supersymmetric Quantum Mechanics
    Ann. Phys. (NY) 178 (1987) 313-329

If so then it looks like Elsevier took it over from Academic Press, which is the publisher of the hardcopy I found.

Thanks,

Tom

5. Mar 28, 2007 #4

Stingray

Science Advisor

From what I understand "Ann Phys (NY)" refers to Annals of Physics, while "Ann Phys (Leipzig)" refers to Annalen der Physik.

6. Mar 29, 2007 #5

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, I can pull this reference up.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?