Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Anomaly of self-dual tensor

1. May 24, 2017 #1
    I like the spectral-flow viewpoint on chiral anomalies, as described for instance in Peskin & Schroeder, last part of Ch. 19.1 This appears to depend crucially on the concept of fermi sea level, making it specific to fermions. However, bosonic self-dual tensor fields also have an anomaly (gravitational). Hence my question - is there a similar understanding for this type of anomaly? I have not been able to find this question addressed.

2. jcsd
  3. May 30, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

4. May 31, 2017 #3

vanhees71

Science Advisor
    2016 Award

Where in this section precisely do you see anything about the Fermi sea? The book is not about many-body physics!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted