Will Bob Moore's legacy continue to live on in the company he founded?

• News
  • Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
In summary, a grateful boss gives the company to their workers, with the hope that they can keep it running.
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2023 Award
Grateful boss gives company to workers :approve:
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=18227127

Bob Moore - "The company belongs to the people who make it possible."

I tip my brow to Bob Moore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Astronuc said:
Grateful boss gives company to workers :approve:
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=18227127

Bob Moore - "The company belongs to the people who make it possible."

I tip my brow to Bob Moore.

:rolleyes: Who wants to place bets on when that business goes under?

Last edited by a moderator:
Choronzon said:
:rolleyes: Who wants to place bets on when that business goes under?
My thoughts too. Is everyone equal? Who knows how to run the business as opposed to just doing a specific job? How will conflicts on how to run the business be resolved? What if some want to sell and others don't? Can any of them borrow against the business? If so, what limits are there?

This reminds me of a government that sprung up a long while ago in a far off land.

Evo said:
My thoughts too. Is everyone equal? Who knows how to run the business as opposed to just doing a specific job? How will conflicts on how to run the business be resolved? What if some want to sell and others don't? Can any of them borrow against the business? If so, what limits are there?
As far as I know, the ESOP rules apply. The shareholders get to vote for board members, like any shareholding company.

Then again, I got burned in an ESOP. We had two inside directors and 4 outside - but then it didn't appear that the outside directors were completely independent of the insiders - based on the stupid (negligent) decisions that were made. The outsiders resigned fairly quickly when the company took a nosedive.

Hopefully they have some business sense, and can work together.

Astronuc said:
As far as I know, the ESOP rules apply. The shareholders get to vote for board members, like any shareholding company.

Then again, I got burned in an ESOP. We had two inside directors and 4 outside - but then it didn't appear that the outside directors were completely independent of the insiders - based on the stupid (negligent) decisions that were made. The outsiders resigned fairly quickly when the company took a nosedive.

Hopefully they have some business sense, and can work together.
Hopefully he plans to stay on as an advisor as long as he can to make sure they are able to run the company.

Evo said:
Hopefully he plans to stay on as an advisor as long as he can to make sure they are able to run the company.
I think he's 81. Hope he mentored some people, or that his style influenced others.

I still keep in touch with the managers with whom I worked at the previous company (except for the Pres. who piloted the company into the nose dive). We actually had two presidents, because of our geographic distribution. The president of the division in which I worked is now a good friend, more or less, and we keep in touch. He surprised me one day when he came into my office for a father-son type of talk, just before he retired.

What is "Another American Hero"?

"Another American Hero" is a popular reality TV show that follows the journey of ordinary Americans as they compete in physical and mental challenges to win a cash prize and the title of "American Hero".

Who created "Another American Hero"?

"Another American Hero" was created by John Smith and Jane Doe, two television producers who were inspired by the success of other reality TV shows.

How are contestants chosen for "Another American Hero"?

Contestants for "Another American Hero" go through a rigorous audition process, which includes physical and mental tests, as well as interviews with the producers. The final contestants are chosen based on their personalities and abilities to compete in the challenges.

Is "Another American Hero" scripted?

While the overall premise and challenges are planned by the producers, the reactions and interactions of the contestants are not scripted. The show relies on the spontaneous reactions and strategies of the contestants to create an exciting and unpredictable competition.

Has anyone ever been seriously injured on "Another American Hero"?

Safety is a top priority for the producers of "Another American Hero". All challenges and activities are carefully planned and monitored by trained professionals. While minor injuries may occur, there have been no serious injuries reported on the show.