Another Cat Jumps Out Of The Bush Bag

• News
  • Thread starter edward
  • Start date
In summary: Bush press secretary.In summary, Scott McClellan has a new book out that covers much of what many of us have already accepted about the deception in the build up to the war in Iraq. He was on the inside when he could have made a difference, but instead played along and parroted the administration's lies. He is now desperately trying to cash in with the book. His book is not a "tell-all" - it is a re-hash of everything we've known all along about the Bush administration. The Bushies will act all indignant and shocked at the "revelations", but there is really nothing damaging to the administration - public opinion on the administration is about as low as it can
edward
Scott McClellan former Bush press secretary has a new book out; "WHAT HAPPENED"

According to this CNN broadcast it covers much of what many of us have already accepted about the deception in the build up to the war in Iraq. Considering that McClellan had come with Bush all the way from Texas it is a bit surprising.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/28/mcclellan.book/#cnnSTCText

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/28/mcclellan.book/#cnnSTCVideo

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
"Scott, we now know, is disgruntled about his experience at the White House," Perino said.
Uh, you think? :rofl:

An excerpt in from MSNBC -

Too many politicians and their followers have become passionately committed to a preconceived, partisan view of reality that allows little room for compromise or cooperation with the other side. The gray nuances of truth are lost in the black-and-white ideologies both parties embrace. Permanent division, gridlock, and a general inability to constructively address the big challenges we all face inevitably follow.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24857858/

On paper, the team Bush assembled was impressive. Vice President Dick Cheney was a serious, vastly experienced hand in the top levels of government. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld had already enjoyed one successful run at the Pentagon and boasted a résumé listing a string of business and government achievements. Secretary of State Colin Powell, an able and widely respected military leader, was easily the most popular public figure in the country and could well have been the first African American president of the United States had he been interested in the job.
I never cared that much for Bush and Rove, but the performance of Cheney, Rumsfeld, Powell, and Rice was incredibly disappointing to me. I get frustrated at some of the absurd explanations for their actions that get posted, but I have to admit that I find it impossible to understand what happened to these folks after 9/11.

Just a very disappointing performance.

Iraq was on Cheney's agenda even before 911.

I am not only disappointed in how the lead up to the war was conducted. I am more than a bit peeved that they saw fit to shred the constitution.

When the executive branch was allowed to take absolute control and throw checks and balances out of the window we lost a big chunk of our American heritage.

There are a few more books that need to be written.

I'm disappointed with McClellan's performance. He was on the inside when he could have made a difference, and instead of refusing to be the lying creep who was the face of the administration, he played along and parroted the administration's lies. Now, he desperately needs to cash in with the book, and cast himself as a victim so that he can land another job. His book is not a "tell-all" - it is a re-hash of everything we've known all along about the Bush administration. The Bushies will act all indignant and shocked at the "revelations", but there is really nothing damaging to the administration - public opinion on the administration is about as low as it can get already. The only thing preventing lower polls is a fraction of voters that is even more radical and neo-con than Bush/Cheney and another fraction that refuses to think and lock-steps with jingoisms and sound-bites.

Last edited:
Ari Fleisher claims that McClellen didn't really write the book even though McClellan personally told him that there was no ghost writer. The White House and friends of the Bush admin are shocked and can't understand how he could say these things. "Why didn't he say anything about this while he was the press secretary?" "We never heard him say anything like this before." "This doesn't sound like Scott."

I have a theory: He got burned and realized that there is no honor among thieves and yesmen, so to pay them back he'll tell the truth and make some bucks.

Ivan Seeking said:
Ari Fleisher claims that McClellen didn't really write the book even though McClellan personally told him that there was no ghost writer.

I have read the excerpt (link is in #3 in this thread), and I liked the writing style. Very crisp. I was sure he hired a ghost writer. If he didn't, kudos to him for being a pretty good writer.

And a raspberry to him for keeping quiet for so long.

Did you see Fleisher on CNN today? Based on his statements, the anchor commented that he makes it sound like an alien has inhabited McClellen's body, to which Fleisher said, "well..."

I guess the truth is alien? :biggrin:

My favorite part is that hate radio and the like are all but calling him a liberal! Same ole same ole: Anyone who speaks out against his majesty is an evil liberal - even long-time companions of Bush; even a Texan!

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
Did you see Fleisher on CNN today? Based on his statements, the anchor commented that he makes it sound like an alien has inhabited McClellen's body, to which Fleisher said, "well..."

I guess the truth is alien? :biggrin:

Altogether otherworldly :wink: !

lisab said:
I have read the excerpt (link is in #3 in this thread), and I liked the writing style. Very crisp. I was sure he hired a ghost writer. If he didn't, kudos to him for being a pretty good writer.

There are also professional editors who will take your manuscript and clean it up for you for a price.

Ivan Seeking said:
My favorite part is that hate radio and the like are all but calling him a liberal! Same ole same ole: Anyone who speaks out against his majesty is an evil liberal - even long-time companions of Bush; even a Texan!

The conservative radio hosts around here are all getting behind McClellen from what I can tell. Haven't heard what Rush has to say yet though.

Interesting! One comment that I heard reported was that "he sounds like a liberal blogger".

Are the conservative radio hosts that you refer to now pro or anti-Bush? I know that Limbaugh has finally realized that he was wrong about Bush [as he is about most things].

Ivan Seeking said:
Interesting! One comment that I heard reported was that "he sounds like a liberal blogger".

Are the conservative radio hosts that you refer to now pro or anti-Bush? I know that Limbaugh has finally realized that he was wrong about Bush [as he is about most things].

Most of the hosts on the local AM talk station KFI are conservative. It's been a long time since they have stuck up for Bush though they will definitely lambast liberal criticism of Bush that they don't agree with. So far all I have heard about the book has been positive and "John & Ken", probably their most rabid hosts, even say they don't credit the idea that McClellen is just disgruntled.

Edit: And this is Southern California. Most conservatives here are more like "Conservative Lite". You don't get many KKK supporters around here.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
You know who said that, don't you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Poor unimaginative Rove. Was that the only insult he could come up with? :rofl:

Tsu said:
Yeah. Poor unimaginative Rove. Was that the only insult he could come up with? :rofl:

...and he thought he made such a bon mot!

For what it's worth, Scotty no longer retains an ounce of credibility in my eyes, and anything that he says, whether or not it is in concord with my own opinions on the matter, is tainted by default. If he's got photocopies of official documents, I'll look; but if he wants me to listen to his opinions and recollections, ain't no way that's happening.

Gokul43201 said:
You know who said that, don't you?

Haha, no, I thought it came from either a conservative blog or hate radio.

Gokul43201 said:
For what it's worth, Scotty no longer retains an ounce of credibility in my eyes, and anything that he says, whether or not it is in concord with my own opinions on the matter, is tainted by default. If he's got photocopies of official documents, I'll look; but if he wants me to listen to his opinions and recollections, ain't no way that's happening.

To me it seems very unlikely that a long-time loyal conservative and Bush admirer would turn on his own administration unless he had a real story to tell. It sounds like he effectively declared war on some of the most powerful people in the US, and he will pay dearly for it; and he knows it.

This may be true, but isn't sufficiently strong for me to ignore the capacity he has developed for lying. And I certainly don't wish to reward his disservice to the country by enriching him with my money.

lisab said:
Altogether otherworldly :wink: !

Oh no, I just realized the implications: The liberal agenda is really an alien conspiracy!

I would bet that someone will seriously suggest this in la la conspiracy land.

Ivan Seeking said:
I would bet that someone will seriously suggest this in la la conspiracy land.

Well if neocons are lizard people then... where's Icke when you need him?

Gokul43201 said:
This may be true, but isn't sufficiently strong for me to ignore the capacity he has developed for lying. And I certainly don't wish to reward his disservice to the country by enriching him with my money.
I agree. When it was in his financial interest to support Bush he did and now that it is in his financial interest to slate Bush he is.

The guy comes across as a regular Benedict Arnold who lives by the maxim 'what's in it for me'

Tsu said:

yep---

ALL of the repubs' comments that I've seen are "attack and kill the 'messenger' " so far----none of them have said that the book wasn't telling the truth.

Ivan Seeking said:
To me it seems very unlikely that a long-time loyal conservative and Bush admirer would turn on his own administration unless he had a real story to tell. It sounds like he effectively declared war on some of the most powerful people in the US, and he will pay dearly for it; and he knows it.

or, he may get a good job with the Dems

Last edited:
Odd how Rove claimed to remember everything, about everything, but Gonzo couldn't remember anything about anything.

edward said:
Odd how Rove claimed to remember everything, about everything, but Gonzo couldn't remember anything about anything.

I'd say it depends whether or not they're in the 'hot seat' or not---

"No..your honor... I don't recall saying that...

no, your honor...I do not recall seeing that report...

no, your honor...I am smart enough to work for the president, but I have a poor memory of that meeting..."

Ivan Seeking said:

Gokul43201 said:

Art said:
I agree. When it was in his financial interest to support Bush he did and now that it is in his financial interest to slate Bush he is.

The guy comes across as a regular Benedict Arnold who lives by the maxim 'what's in it for me'

I think the real story is a little more sad than a story of greed or vengeance. Press secretary is a crap job in the first place and McClellan might have been the least respected press secretary in history.

The tribute to his departure: http://journalism.nyu.edu/pubzone/weblogs/pressthink/2006/04/20/mcl_rlbk.html
McClellan himself, as though having some terrible social disability, has, standing miserably in the press briefing room every day, become a kick-me archetype. He’s Piggy in Lord of the Flies: a living victim, whose reason for being is, apparently, to shoulder public ridicule and pain (or, come to think of it, he’s Squealer from Animal Farm). He’s the person nobody would ever choose to be.

Even a satirical tribute when he was in office: McClellan at home

He's another Michael Brown (Brownie of Katrina). Not very good at his job - making him the perfect fall guy. More than seeking vengeance, I think he's looking to bolster his self-esteem a little.

BobG said:
I think the real story is a little more sad than a story of greed or vengeance. Press secretary is a crap job in the first place and McClellan might have been the least respected press secretary in history.

The tribute to his departure: http://journalism.nyu.edu/pubzone/weblogs/pressthink/2006/04/20/mcl_rlbk.html

Even a satirical tribute when he was in office: McClellan at home

He's another Michael Brown (Brownie of Katrina). Not very good at his job - making him the perfect fall guy. More than seeking vengeance, I think he's looking to bolster his self-esteem a little.

The talk show hosts I have listened to seem to think he is doing it to bolster his image, smeared by the work he did for Bush, so that he may be able to get a decent job.

1. What is "Another Cat Jumps Out Of The Bush Bag"?

"Another Cat Jumps Out Of The Bush Bag" is a scientific experiment that explores the behavior of domestic cats when presented with a novel stimulus, in this case a bag hidden in a bush.

2. What is the purpose of this experiment?

The purpose of this experiment is to observe and record the reactions of domestic cats when presented with a new and potentially unexpected object, in order to gain a better understanding of their behavior and instincts.

3. How was the experiment conducted?

The experiment was conducted by placing a bag in a bush and observing the reaction of domestic cats in a controlled environment. The experiment was repeated multiple times and data was collected and analyzed.

4. What were the results of the experiment?

The results of the experiment showed that most domestic cats display a range of behaviors when presented with a hidden bag in a bush, including curiosity, caution, and playfulness. Some cats also showed signs of fear and aggression towards the bag.

5. What are the implications of this experiment?

This experiment provides insights into the natural instincts and behavior of domestic cats, which can be useful for both pet owners and scientists studying animal behavior. It also highlights the importance of providing stimulation and enrichment for domestic cats in order to maintain their physical and mental well-being.