Another Cat Jumps Out Of The Bush Bag

• News
  • Thread starter edward
  • Start date
Odd how Rove claimed to remember everything, about everything, but Gonzo couldn't remember anything about anything.

Odd how Rove claimed to remember everything, about everything, but Gonzo couldn't remember anything about anything.
I'd say it depends whether or not they're in the 'hot seat' or not---

"No..your honor.... I don't recall saying that...

no, your honor....I do not recall seeing that report...

no, your honor.....I am smart enough to work for the president, but I have a poor memory of that meeting....."

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
To me it seems very unlikely that a long-time loyal conservative and Bush admirer would turn on his own administration unless he had a real story to tell. It sounds like he effectively declared war on some of the most powerful people in the US, and he will pay dearly for it; and he knows it.
This may be true, but isn't sufficiently strong for me to ignore the capacity he has developed for lying. And I certainly don't wish to reward his disservice to the country by enriching him with my money.
I agree. When it was in his financial interest to support Bush he did and now that it is in his financial interest to slate Bush he is.

The guy comes across as a regular Benedict Arnold who lives by the maxim 'what's in it for me'
I think the real story is a little more sad than a story of greed or vengeance. Press secretary is a crap job in the first place and McClellan might have been the least respected press secretary in history.

The tribute to his departure: http://journalism.nyu.edu/pubzone/weblogs/pressthink/2006/04/20/mcl_rlbk.html [Broken]
McClellan himself, as though having some terrible social disability, has, standing miserably in the press briefing room every day, become a kick-me archetype. He’s Piggy in Lord of the Flies: a living victim, whose reason for being is, apparently, to shoulder public ridicule and pain (or, come to think of it, he’s Squealer from Animal Farm). He’s the person nobody would ever choose to be.

Even a satirical tribute when he was in office: McClellan at home

He's another Michael Brown (Brownie of Katrina). Not very good at his job - making him the perfect fall guy. More than seeking vengeance, I think he's looking to bolster his self-esteem a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the real story is a little more sad than a story of greed or vengeance. Press secretary is a crap job in the first place and McClellan might have been the least respected press secretary in history.

The tribute to his departure: http://journalism.nyu.edu/pubzone/weblogs/pressthink/2006/04/20/mcl_rlbk.html [Broken]

Even a satirical tribute when he was in office: McClellan at home

He's another Michael Brown (Brownie of Katrina). Not very good at his job - making him the perfect fall guy. More than seeking vengeance, I think he's looking to bolster his self-esteem a little.
The talk show hosts I have listened to seem to think he is doing it to bolster his image, smeared by the work he did for Bush, so that he may be able to get a decent job.

Last edited by a moderator: