Another crazy attempt to get in space

• Thread starter Tom10331
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Space
In summary, the person is trying to make a space plane and is having difficulty getting the necessary supplies. They are also having difficulty getting people to help them. The flight is estimated to last around four minutes.
Tom10331
Hey me and my friend Kyle are trying to make a space plane that will get us to LEO or at least high atmosphiric flights.We think we got the engine design done right but the problem is knowing the amount of oxygen we should have.

Extra:The flight is going to be about 2-4 minutes long. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Tom10331 said:
Hey me and my friend Kyle are trying to make a space plane that will get us to LEO or at least high atmosphiric flights.We think we got the engine design done right but the problem is knowing the amount of oxygen we should have.

Extra:The flight is going to be about 2-4 minutes long. :biggrin:
Burlington...how far from Ottawa is that? Tell us when you fly it!

Um...on a more serious note...how are you doing this?

Whatever the formulae say about the required air supply, double it because you'll probably be hyperventilating for the whole time. :tongue:

This is boarderline trolling.

rocketboy said:
Burlington...how far from Ottawa is that? Tell us when you fly it!

Um...on a more serious note...how are you doing this?

Hey Burlington from Ottawa is about 5 hour drive :smile:
On that serious note we are doing this because we got guts and a high temp metal molder thingy and an order of tugstin(may not be spelling)metal because of it's high boiling point.

But the main problems are getting support from friends and family,get the tugstin metal and getting the right amount of the oxygen for the flight.(oh you and the moneyy :mad: )
Well hope it works.

P.S don't know when the flight is. :cry:

I hope you realize in time that tungsten is one of the worst choices that you can make for spaceship or aeroplane construction. The reason that it's used for darts and armour penetrating ammunition is its very high density. It's also quite brittle.

But how come it's on the Space Shuttle :confused:

There are hundreds of metals, chemicals, and alloys used on the Shuttle. You can't build a spacecraft out of a single metal, any more than you can build a spaceplane without a team of aerospace engineers and a few hundred million dollars.

The best you'll manage is to strap yourself into a tungsten can and then cook yourself alive.

Happy sailing.

I can't believe this thread is still open.

Gee, Fred... we have to have a bit of fun once in a while. :devil:

FredGarvin said:
I can't believe this thread is still open.

Man... you're no fun. :grumpy:

Second person today asking me to close it. I guess I have to close it...
:frown:

1. How is this attempt different from previous attempts to get into space?

This attempt is different because it utilizes a new, experimental technology that has not been used before. It also involves a different team of scientists and engineers working on the project.

2. What are the potential risks involved in this attempt?

Like any space mission, there are inherent risks involved such as technical failures, human error, and unpredictable weather conditions. However, extensive testing and safety protocols have been put in place to minimize these risks.

3. What is the ultimate goal of this attempt?

The ultimate goal is to successfully launch a spacecraft into orbit and gather valuable data and information. This data will help advance our understanding of space and potentially lead to future space exploration missions.

4. How long has this project been in the works?

This project has been in the works for the past 5 years. It has gone through multiple phases of planning, testing, and development to ensure its success.

5. What kind of technology is being used for this attempt?

This attempt is using a combination of new and existing technologies such as advanced propulsion systems, lightweight materials, and state-of-the-art computer systems. It also incorporates innovative designs and engineering techniques to make the spacecraft more efficient and reliable.