Unlocking the Mysteries of Dimensions: A New Theory with 11 Dimensions Explained

• Thread starter lawtonfogle
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Idea
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of exceeding the speed of light and the implications of such an action. The concept of additional dimensions and their relation to string theory is also mentioned. The conversation ends with a discussion about light and its behavior in relation to velocity.
lawtonfogle
First I called it an idea, not a theory. One might call it an hypothesis, though I do not think it is at that stage. I have posted it so someone who works on demminsions can help see it, maybe test it.

To start off with, the string theory says that there must be 11 deminsions. I know this is only one, but I read it was the most excepted one.

We have 4 deminsions. The first one is used to draw lines, the second is used to draw 2D pictures, the third is used to make 3D objects, the forth is the one that 'animates' these objects. Using one of the first three and the forth, it is possible to make a moving line.

This part becomes hard, becuase i envision pictures. Envision a 3D graph, now put a sphere in it. Now envision a set of ten graphs, in which the sphere becomes a cube. The direction the graphs go in is the flow of time, or the 5th deminsion. If we have 2 deminsions to the 'flow of time', we can cause time to lope. The second deminsion of the 'flow of time' is 6th deminsion. Now just add a third deminsion so the 'flow of time' can not only loop, but move to a new 'time line'. This would be the 7th deminsion.

As I said, this might be hard, because I cannot make you see what I see in my head.

Now the idea for a 8th deminsion is the turning of the graph, so that it could form one of the special loops (the one with one twist, giving it one side that can be traced all the way around twice, I forgot its name :rofl: ). This idea for the 8th deminsion is way out there, but i tried to make the others ones make more sence, and when i have a better math and physics background, ill try to put math behind it. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
This has been moved to theory development by someone else, I did not first post this in theory, for I do not considered it a theory, espesically after the last lecture i received on posting non theories in the theory forum. So no fussing please.
Thank you

lawtonfogle said:
Now the idea for a 8th deminsion is the turning of the graph, so that it could form one of the special loops (the one with one twist, giving it one side that can be traced all the way around twice, I forgot its name :rofl: ).
A "mobius strip".

You are to be commended for stretching your brain. It's exhilerating isn't it?

Wrong way of thinking

I think that you are thinking about this in the wrong way. Remember that there are four dimensions of which we are aware of - the three dimensions of movement (planar movement in x, y and z) and time. String theory tells us that there are 11 dimensions, however. The best way to think of these extra dimensions is as circles wrapped up onto Calabi-Yau manifolds. We are not actually aware of these extra dimensions, even though they exist all around us. It is believed that it is the movement in these extra dimensions that gives electrons their charge.

If you exceed the speed of light relative to your starting point what are the implications.

A rocket leaves Earth and reaches 80% the speed of light. A secondary rocket is launched from the first rocket. The second rocket goes 80% the speed of light relative to the first rocket. The second rocket is going 160% the speed of light relative to Earth.

If this is possible and I see no reason it would not be since the second rocket never exceeds c relative to the first rocket what are the results?

Light emitted from the rear of the second rocket travels at c relative to the second rocket. So it has to leave the second rocket at 260% the c. Quite a Blue Doppler effect.

Alex Massi said:
If you exceed the speed of light relative to your starting point what are the implications.

A rocket leaves Earth and reaches 80% the speed of light. A secondary rocket is launched from the first rocket. The second rocket goes 80% the speed of light relative to the first rocket. The second rocket is going 160% the speed of light relative to Earth.

If this is possible and I see no reason it would not be since the second rocket never exceeds c relative to the first rocket what are the results?

Light emitted from the rear of the second rocket travels at c relative to the second rocket. So it has to leave the second rocket at 260% the c. Quite a Blue Doppler effect.

You don't just add velocities when switching between frames in special relativity. The second rocket will still be moving at a speed less than c relative to Earth because of length contraction and time dilation.

THANK YOU. That is what I claimed in class. They had you buzzing at 10 c. Claimed you could hit those speeds AND go back in time. I said how, they said you just over take the light from Earth and you can see in the past. One word NUTS!

1. What are dimensions and why are they important?

Dimensions are the measurable parameters that describe the physical universe. They are important because they provide a framework for understanding the world around us and can help us make predictions and solve problems.

2. How many dimensions are there in our universe?

In our current understanding of physics, there are four dimensions: length, width, height, and time. However, some theories suggest that there may be additional dimensions beyond these four.

3. What is the new theory about 11 dimensions?

The new theory proposes that there are 11 dimensions in our universe, with 7 additional dimensions beyond the four dimensions we are familiar with. These extra dimensions are believed to be tiny and curled up, making them undetectable to our current technology.

4. How does this new theory of 11 dimensions explain mysteries in physics?

The theory of 11 dimensions helps to explain certain phenomena that cannot be explained by our current understanding of the universe. For example, it may provide an explanation for the existence of dark matter and dark energy, as well as the unification of the four fundamental forces of nature.

5. Is there any evidence to support this new theory?

While there is no direct evidence for the existence of 11 dimensions, the theory is based on mathematical equations and is supported by other theories such as string theory and M-theory. Further research and experiments are needed to gather more evidence and validate this theory.