Another Example of Our Screwed-Up Laws

Why is custody given to a woman who is a pedophile in the first place? Victims of statutory rape should never have to pay child support since the partner should not have any right to the child.
Well it was sort of in her uterus you know. And then paternity had to be established and a court has to decide who will get the child. And she has apparently yet to be convicted of statutory rape so legally she has no marks against her as of yet.

Also you might look up the term pedophile.

So you are saying that as a baby sitter it was not appropriate, but you feel the age of consent should be lowered? Not to sound like an ***, but that is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard here on PF. Ok for someone who needs a babysitter to father a child legally and be held responsible. Nice.
Way to make a coherent argument for your view!

I feel the age of consent should be lowered, yes. I also believe the restrictions on this for people who are in a position of authority over the minor should be instituted. I think the law here in Canada (where I am) is reasonable. Age of consent is 16, with a "less than 5 years difference" exception for 14 and 15 year olds. If the adult is in a position of authority, the age is instead 18.

Averagesupernova
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The mother being able to keep child that was carried in her uterous and put there by illegal means has no more right to keep that child than I would have a right to keep money that was in my bank account but was obtained and put there by illegal means.

The mother being able to keep child that was carried in her uterous and put there by illegal means has no more right to keep that child than I would have a right to keep money that was in my bank account but was obtained and put there by illegal means.
That's for a court of law to decide. Is not a matter of opinion.