Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Another Extended Essay (EE) Thread!

1. Nov 6, 2012 #1
    Yet another EE thread! I am in IB and want to do my EE paper in physics since it will be relevant to my career. However, I'm having trouble deciding on a topic! Initially I wanted to evaluate the validity of dowsing by setting up a series of experiments that would eliminate human interaction with the dowsing sticks. However my teacher advised me against it, as the last thing I need is an examiner who refuses to mark it, claiming that the theory is not real science and then I don't get my diploma! :(

SO... I came here for more ideas!
    Music and environmental are subtopics that interest me most. But of course I'm open to everything!
    Here are some other underdeveloped ideas that I had:
    -looking at different aspects of a propeller (# blades, angle, material, curve) and seeing how this affects the amount of water displaced for a propeller boat
    -different factors affecting the clarity and sound of a guitar (string material, plucking material, plucking location, material of bridge and nut, coil tightness of string ie change over time, body shape and volume)
    -factors affecting the energy production of solar panels (angle, smog, wavelength of light, buildup of residue, humidity)

I'm trying to relate physics ideas to specific objects to make a more unique idea. Still having trouble though. If you have any suggestions/can help me build upon what I have, that would be great!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted