Another fun survey

  • Thread starter pattylou
  • Start date
  • #1
pattylou
303
0
This one has about 50 questions on social and political issues. After you take the survey, your political compass is scored and shown relative to figures such as Ghengis Khan, Gandhi, GWBush, Chirac, Nelson Mandela, and so on.

On another science board, all the scientists ended up in the same quadrant. (My own score was around -5 on the vertical axis, -5 on the horizontal axis, so my social and political outlook lines up with the Dalai Llama, for example, :biggrin: , and not George Bush.

How about you? Click on the link to read more, and then select "Take the test!"

http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/index.php [Broken]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

  • #2
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
4,397
559
ULP, I am a Gandhi type.
 
  • #3
Evo
Mentor
23,924
3,261
I scored Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

This puts me close to the middle, which is where I consider my views.
 
  • #4
mattmns
1,118
6
-1, -2.7

I had to read that last question a few times. The one about whether or not I would not not put my children in a school that does not not teach non-religious values.
 
  • #5
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
4,397
559
Evo said:
I scored Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

This puts me close to the middle, which is where I consider my views.

That is scary, you were within .1 of my score and i think I am extreem
 
  • #6
Evo
Mentor
23,924
3,261
mattmns said:
-1, -2.7

I had to read that last question a few times. The one about whether or not I would not not put my children in a school that does not not teach non-religious values.
Do you mean this one?

"I would not wish to send my child to a school that did not instill religious values."

They're saying that you would prefer to send your child to a school that taught religion.
 
  • #7
mattmns
1,118
6
Yeah that was the one. I just had to read it a few times to see what they were really saying :smile: That was a definite strongly disagree for me.
 
  • #8
Evo
Mentor
23,924
3,261
mattmns said:
Yeah that was the one. I just had to read it a few times to see what they were really saying :smile: That was a definite strongly disagree for me.
Yep, me too.

Wolram, if you are that close to my score, you can't be extreme. :smile:
 
  • #9
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
8,010
1,010
Beware of geneticists posting personality tests. :biggrin:
 
  • #10
Berislav
239
0
I think that this is test too simplistic. :grumpy:
 
Last edited:
  • #11
Evo
Mentor
23,924
3,261
I found it to be quite accurate for me.
 
  • #12
DeathKnight
73
0
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.87
 
  • #13
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.69

I'm more than half-way to Anarcho-communism. :smile:
 
  • #14
Townsend
221
0
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 3.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.36

No surprise I guess...
 
  • #15
Townsend
221
0
Evo said:
I scored Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

This puts me close to the middle, which is where I consider my views.

Well, that's not the middle...sorry to burst your bubble...
 
  • #16
Townsend said:
Well, that's not the middle...sorry to burst your bubble...
That depends on your perspective.

Looks like the middle to me. :smile:
 
  • #17
pattylou
303
0
Berislav said:
I think that this is test too simplistic. :grumpy:

LOL. I predict you fell around a few unsavory individuals. You're probably right, it's probably too simplistic. :smile:
 
  • #18
pattylou
303
0
Archon said:
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.69

I'm more than half-way to Anarcho-communism. :smile:

I love meeting people more extreme than me. Hi Archon!
 
  • #19
pattylou said:
I love meeting people more extreme than me. Hi Archon!
Greetings from the far left. :smile:
 
  • #20
Townsend
221
0
Archon said:
That depends on your perspective.

Looks like the middle to me. :smile:

Well yes, an extreme view does tend to make other, more moderate positions seem more in the middle.

Thats one thing I like about PF, you get people with just about every possible point of view. Although I would have to say this site is not balanced in terms of left right...I would like to see it a bit more balanced. We can have a high standard deviation, that's cool, just with the median more centered.
 
  • #21
Physics is Phun
98
0
i got -2.13 and -.51 although I don't really know what that means.
 
  • #22
Evo
Mentor
23,924
3,261
Townsend said:
Well yes, an extreme view does tend to make other, more moderate positions seem more in the middle.

Thats one thing I like about PF, you get people with just about every possible point of view. Although I would have to say this site is not balanced in terms of left right...I would like to see it a bit more balanced. We can have a high standard deviation, that's cool, just with the median more centered.
Hey, my red dot is pretty damn close to the middle. :grumpy:
 
  • #23
pattylou
303
0
And this site is a hell of a lot closer to the midde than most of the sites I visit!

(Of course, the far right ones scare the cr*p out of me!)
 
  • #24
icvotria
48
1
Woah! Easy there, tiger!
Economic Left/Right: -7.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31
I think I was too liberal (haha...) with my 'very strongly's... Who'd've thought that someone quietly enjoying The Love Boat and a glass of wine would be so politically extreme?
 
  • #25
pattylou
303
0
:rofl:

We know about you "Love Boat" types. Probably sitting there, watching Captain Stubing, thinking about the good old days when you wondered if Mary and Murray were going to start having a thing on Mary Tyler Moore.

You know, back during Vietnam and Watergate. Yeah... I got your number, you liberal you.
 
  • #26
Evo
Mentor
23,924
3,261
pattylou said:
:rofl:

We know about you "Love Boat" types. Probably sitting there, watching Captain Stubing, thinking about the good old days when you wondered if Mary and Murray were going to start having a thing on Mary Tyler Moore.

You know, back during Vietnam and Watergate. Yeah... I got your number, you liberal you.
Except she was only born in 1982. (don't you hate how young all these kids are on here?) :devil:
 
  • #27
pattylou
303
0
Except she was only born in 1982. (don't you hate how young all these kids are on here?)

Oh man. There goes my best theory of the day.
 
  • #28
Evo
Mentor
23,924
3,261
by popular request
 
  • #29
TheStatutoryApe
260
4
Economic Left/Right: 0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.77
 
  • #30
JamesU
Gold Member
805
3
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21
 
  • #31
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
2,371
3
Economic Left/Right: -1.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.23

I'm close to Gandhi.

That's good I guess.

Some things I accept and some things I don't.

Like Aristotle said... some things are just naturally wrong.

You shouldn't be liberal about things that are naturally wrong.

Again, like Aristotle said... find the intermediate.
 
  • #32
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
2,371
3
I did it again and got...

Economic Left/Right: 3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.85

Trying to get as bad as I can get.
 
  • #33
moose
547
0
Economic Left/Right: 2.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.36
 
  • #34
Dawguard
108
3
Economic Left/Right: -0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.46

I was close to Pope Benedict XVI :biggrin:
 
  • #35
fasterthanjoao
729
1
Economic Left/Right: -2.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49

heh. I'd say that's about right.

When I hit the final button and saw the name Hitler load at the top of the comparison graph... well, I was a bit worried for a minute too.
 

Suggested for: Another fun survey

  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
48
  • Last Post
Replies
7
Views
373
Replies
3
Views
198
  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
326
  • Last Post
Replies
7
Views
485
Replies
5
Views
363
  • Last Post
Replies
7
Views
1K
  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
574
Replies
3
Views
353
  • Last Post
Replies
5
Views
2K
Top