Take the Political Compass Test - Compare to Ghengis Khan, Gandhi & More

• Thread starter pattylou
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fun Survey
In summary: Of course, the far right ones scare the cr*p out of me!)Woah! Easy there, tiger! I think I was too liberal (haha...) with my 'very strongly's... Who'd've thought that someone quietly enjoying The Love Boat and a glass of wine would be so politically...extreme?...In summary, the site asks you to rate how much you agree or disagree with a set of statements, and then assigns a political compass score based on those responses. The site suggests that people who score close to the center are centrists, while people who score close to the extremes are either liberals or conservatives. The site also suggests that people who score close to the center are
pattylou
This one has about 50 questions on social and political issues. After you take the survey, your political compass is scored and shown relative to figures such as Ghengis Khan, Gandhi, GWBush, Chirac, Nelson Mandela, and so on.

On another science board, all the scientists ended up in the same quadrant. (My own score was around -5 on the vertical axis, -5 on the horizontal axis, so my social and political outlook lines up with the Dalai Llama, for example, :biggrin: , and not George Bush.

How about you? Click on the link to read more, and then select "Take the test!"

http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/index.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
ULP, I am a Gandhi type.

I scored Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

This puts me close to the middle, which is where I consider my views.

-1, -2.7

I had to read that last question a few times. The one about whether or not I would not not put my children in a school that does not not teach non-religious values.

Evo said:

That is scary, you were within .1 of my score and i think I am extreem

mattmns said:
-1, -2.7

I had to read that last question a few times. The one about whether or not I would not not put my children in a school that does not not teach non-religious values.
Do you mean this one?

"I would not wish to send my child to a school that did not instill religious values."

They're saying that you would prefer to send your child to a school that taught religion.

Yeah that was the one. I just had to read it a few times to see what they were really saying :smile: That was a definite strongly disagree for me.

mattmns said:
Yeah that was the one. I just had to read it a few times to see what they were really saying :smile: That was a definite strongly disagree for me.
Yep, me too.

Wolram, if you are that close to my score, you can't be extreme. :smile:

Beware of geneticists posting personality tests. :biggrin:

I think that this is test too simplistic. :grumpy:

Last edited:
I found it to be quite accurate for me.

Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.87

Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.69

I'm more than half-way to Anarcho-communism. :smile:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 3.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.36

No surprise I guess...

Evo said:

Well, that's not the middle...sorry to burst your bubble...

Townsend said:
Well, that's not the middle...sorry to burst your bubble...
That depends on your perspective.

Looks like the middle to me. :smile:

Berislav said:
I think that this is test too simplistic. :grumpy:

LOL. I predict you fell around a few unsavory individuals. You're probably right, it's probably too simplistic. :smile:

Archon said:
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.69

I'm more than half-way to Anarcho-communism. :smile:

I love meeting people more extreme than me. Hi Archon!

pattylou said:
I love meeting people more extreme than me. Hi Archon!
Greetings from the far left. :smile:

Archon said:
That depends on your perspective.

Looks like the middle to me. :smile:

Well yes, an extreme view does tend to make other, more moderate positions seem more in the middle.

Thats one thing I like about PF, you get people with just about every possible point of view. Although I would have to say this site is not balanced in terms of left right...I would like to see it a bit more balanced. We can have a high standard deviation, that's cool, just with the median more centered.

i got -2.13 and -.51 although I don't really know what that means.

Townsend said:
Well yes, an extreme view does tend to make other, more moderate positions seem more in the middle.

Thats one thing I like about PF, you get people with just about every possible point of view. Although I would have to say this site is not balanced in terms of left right...I would like to see it a bit more balanced. We can have a high standard deviation, that's cool, just with the median more centered.
Hey, my red dot is pretty damn close to the middle. :grumpy:

And this site is a hell of a lot closer to the midde than most of the sites I visit!

(Of course, the far right ones scare the cr*p out of me!)

Woah! Easy there, tiger!
Economic Left/Right: -7.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31
I think I was too liberal (haha...) with my 'very strongly's... Who'd've thought that someone quietly enjoying The Love Boat and a glass of wine would be so politically extreme?

:rofl:

We know about you "Love Boat" types. Probably sitting there, watching Captain Stubing, thinking about the good old days when you wondered if Mary and Murray were going to start having a thing on Mary Tyler Moore.

You know, back during Vietnam and Watergate. Yeah... I got your number, you liberal you.

pattylou said:
:rofl:

We know about you "Love Boat" types. Probably sitting there, watching Captain Stubing, thinking about the good old days when you wondered if Mary and Murray were going to start having a thing on Mary Tyler Moore.

You know, back during Vietnam and Watergate. Yeah... I got your number, you liberal you.
Except she was only born in 1982. (don't you hate how young all these kids are on here?) :devil:

Except she was only born in 1982. (don't you hate how young all these kids are on here?)

Oh man. There goes my best theory of the day.

by popular request

Economic Left/Right: 0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.77

Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21

Economic Left/Right: -1.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.23

I'm close to Gandhi.

That's good I guess.

Some things I accept and some things I don't.

Like Aristotle said... some things are just naturally wrong.

You shouldn't be liberal about things that are naturally wrong.

Again, like Aristotle said... find the intermediate.

I did it again and got...

Economic Left/Right: 3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.85

Trying to get as bad as I can get.

Economic Left/Right: 2.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.36

Economic Left/Right: -0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.46

I was close to Pope Benedict XVI :biggrin:

Economic Left/Right: -2.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49

heh. I'd say that's about right.

When I hit the final button and saw the name Hitler load at the top of the comparison graph... well, I was a bit worried for a minute too.

1. What is the purpose of the Political Compass Test?

The Political Compass Test is a tool used to measure an individual's political ideology. It is designed to help people understand where they fall on the political spectrum, and how their beliefs compare to historical figures and current political leaders.

2. How does the Political Compass Test work?

The test consists of a series of statements related to political and social issues. Test-takers must indicate whether they agree or disagree with each statement. Based on their responses, the test calculates their political compass score, which places them on a grid with four quadrants representing different political ideologies.

3. Who are some historical figures that have been compared to in the Political Compass Test?

Some historical figures that have been used as comparisons in the Political Compass Test include Genghis Khan, Mahatma Gandhi, Adolf Hitler, and Margaret Thatcher. These figures represent extreme points on the political spectrum and are used to provide context for test-takers' results.

4. Is the Political Compass Test accurate?

The accuracy of the Political Compass Test has been a subject of debate. While some argue that it provides a comprehensive assessment of an individual's political beliefs, others criticize its limited scope and potential for bias. It is important to note that the test should be used as a starting point for self-reflection and not as a definitive measure of one's political ideology.

5. Can the Political Compass Test predict an individual's political views?

No, the Political Compass Test cannot predict an individual's political views with complete accuracy. It is merely a tool that provides a general understanding of one's political ideology. Factors such as personal experiences, education, and current events also play a significant role in shaping an individual's political views.