Another ghost story.

• Thread starter SGT
  • Start date
SGT

Main Question or Discussion Point

The gost in the restaurant:http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/09/08/national/a060604D48.DTL&hw=orlando+ghost&sn=001&sc=1000 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
gost? :biggrin: I thought you were making a statement. h key stuck? :wink:

SGT
Evo said:
gost? :biggrin: I thought you were making a statement. h key stuck? :wink:
It is as believable as any other ghost story, but the funny thing about this one is that it has ended in a lawsuit.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It seems to me that the courts have sided with paranormal claims from time to time. I'm not sure how this stands at the moment, but I think that legally speaking, some forms of paranormal acitivity exist.

Evo
Mentor
SGT said:
It is as believable as any other ghost story, but the funny thing about this one is that it has ended in a lawsuit.
:grumpy: I was commenting on your missing h's (or are they visible to everyone else) :frown:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo said:
:grumpy: I was commenting on your missing h's (or are they visible to everyone else) :frown:
...missing h's??? :confused:

Tom Mattson
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Look at the thread title and at the opening post.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Tom Mattson said:
Look at the thread title and at the opening post.
I was messing with Evo... :grumpy:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Really though, I assumed that it was intentional since the title and the post have the same error.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Better? :biggrin:

Tom Mattson
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Enjoy talking to yourself? :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Tom Mattson said:
Enjoy talking to yourself? :biggrin:
You bet! That way I know that someone is paying attention. :uhh:

Evo
Mentor
Ivan Seeking said:
Really though, I assumed that it was intentional since the title and the post have the same error.
That's what I thought, but I couldn't see what the point was. Ok, I am only half crazy. :tongue2: (you missed an H) :biggrin: But if you fix it, I'll really sound nutty.

Lisa!
Gold Member
Do you think I should post my ghosts story here? :rolleyes: I even have some proof that they exist! :approve:

SGT
All those posts because of a missing h! I will give you several ones: hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lisa!
Gold Member
SGT said:
All those posts because of a missing h! I will give you several ones: hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Sounds like you buy lots of food for a person who's already died because of hunger! :wink:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Lisa! said:
Do you think I should post my ghosts story here? :rolleyes: I even have some proof that they exist! :approve:
Please do. :tongue2:

Lisa!
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
Please do. :tongue2:
I'm a member of a forum and lots of ghosts post there. Some of them even talk to me and ask me questions :uhh: and whenever I look around I don't see any online member with that name but I see their posts! :uhh: :uhh: :wink:

matthyaouw
Gold Member
It's like you're aware of their presence, but you can't see or hear them?

I've got a couple of ghost stories (albeit second hand ones) if anyone is interested.

Lisa!
Gold Member
matthyaouw said:
It's like you're aware of their presence, but you can't see or hear them?

I've got a couple of ghost stories (albeit second hand ones) if anyone is interested.
I look forward to hearing them. :smile:

matthyaouw
Gold Member
The first one is one my parents told me. They moved into a house when they had just got married. It was pretty new, but stood on the site of a couple of older terraced houses that had been knocked down. Their next door neighbours told them of the ghosts that supposadly haunted the garden. They were two old women, dressed in old fasioned clothing who would walk around with their arms linked. They had been seen walking through gaps so narrow you wouldn't believe one person could fit down (like where a car was parked very close to the house). The spooky part is, my grandmother used to live in the same row of houses when she was young (and the old houses still standing), and when she was told the story, she said the description exactly matched that of the two old women that lived in the old house back when she lived there.

The second is one a friend told me. She lives in an old railway cottage, a little over 150 years old. Her parents tell her that when she was really young, and in her room at night, she used to have conversations with a little boy called Bobby who couldn't walk and had to drag himself across the floor (though she doesn't remember this) A bit of research into the house's history revealed that a young boy called Bobby used to live there, and contracted polio, which can cripple people like she described. When she was a lot older, and sharing the room with her little brother, one night he sat up and told her "There's a boy dragging himself along the floor!" and to her knowledge he'd never even been told about 'Bobby'

Lisa!
Gold Member
What happened to your parents first house? By the way, thank you very much to share your stories. I love the ghosts stories.:wink:

matthyaouw
Gold Member
What happened to it? It's still there, they just moved out.. I don't know if ghosts are still supposed to haunt it.

Lisa!
Gold Member
Wow great! You don't want to go there and see it yourself?:rolleyes:

matthyaouw
Gold Member
I wouldn't mind, but spending a few hours prowling around the garden of a stranger's house is a pretty good way of getting myself arrested (espescially because the house is one the police rent to new recruits they are training.)