Another mini-stroke tonight

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
turbo
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

I was taking Duke for a walk around our house, which he really enjoys because there is no collar or leash required. We got down to the back yard and I went down HARD. He went back up to the house, and my wife came out and helped me up and helped me back to the house.

She has issued a decree that I must always have a working cell-phone on me when I leave the house - no exceptions. Duke is a great second line of defense, but how can he help me when my wife is not home? She's also going to call on our doctor to get a waiver to let her leave work when I might be in trouble.

Getting old ain't for sissies.

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
I was taking Duke for a walk around our house, which he really enjoys because there is no collar or leash required. We got down to the back yard and I went down HARD. He went back up to the house, and my wife came out and helped me up and helped me back to the house.

She has issued a decree that I must always have a working cell-phone on me when I leave the house - no exceptions. Duke is a great second line of defense, but how can he help me when my wife is not home? She's also going to call on our doctor to get a waiver to let her leave work when I might be in trouble.

Getting old ain't for sissies.
What part of your body is paralyzed? It's not funny turbo, my dad suffered two massive strokes, the first one paralyzed him on one side of his body, his face sagged on one side, his vocal cords paralyzed. The second one killed him. Maybe you started to faint. That's NOT a stroke!

Go to the doctor if you are having fainting spells, but do not claim it was a stroke.

Go see a doctor. This is NOT a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you get the help you need turbo! We care about you here!

I sure hope that Evo's right. Better get a good check up, Turbo. All the best.

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm so sorry to hear this turbo. I wish I could do something. :cry:

turbo
Gold Member
Taking stock today, I have lost a bit more of my steadiness when walking. On the up-side, the pain/burning in my right foot has moderated a bit.

So you've made a doc appt right?

So you've made a doc appt right?
Yeah Turbo; quit f#%&ng around. See a doctor even if it means your allergies getting all messed up. You don't want to get Darwin award right?

Good luck,
Casey

drizzle
Gold Member
That's not good. :frown: We care about you turbo, you need to see the doctor. Duke is a great buddy, but your wife is right about having a phone. Hope you take good care of yourself.

fuzzyfelt
Gold Member
I'm sorry to hear that, Turbo. Do take good care.

turbo
Gold Member
I'm hanging in there. If I go see a doctor, he and his staff will have me sick for days with respiratory distress, migraines, flared-up arthritis, etc. Then, as doctors like to do, he will want me to go to the hospital to have unspecified "tests" done, exposing me to lots of other people wearing fragrances. People in the medical industry have no idea what "fragrance-free" means. None.

Evo
Mentor
I'm hanging in there. If I go see a doctor, he and his staff will have me sick for days with respiratory distress, migraines, flared-up arthritis, etc. Then, as doctors like to do, he will want me to go to the hospital to have unspecified "tests" done, exposing me to lots of other people wearing fragrances. People in the medical industry have no idea what "fragrance-free" means. None.
Fragrances won't kill you, but blood clots will. No sympathy for you if you won't get treatment.

rhody
Gold Member
Turbo,

I was doing a drive by and saw the thread, distress flags went up, quit being so damn stubborn and drag your raggedly *** into the Dr's office and get tests, make sure your clotting factor is not screwed up. My neighbor's was and lucky for him it was a small clot in his chest and not his BRAIN !!! He is on meds after being monitored and is doing fine. Don't make me drive up to NH and hurt you, do the right thing for Duke and your lady.

Rhody... :redface:

Why are you doing this to us, turbo?? You make us worried and concerned, but you refuse to do anything about it. What are you trying to accomplish?

I understand Turbo's point. (MM, Turbo is hyper allergic) It's tough. You need a doc come to visit you, au natural completely. Maybe the old boys network can help?

All the best Turbo, Hang in there.

I understand Turbo's point. (MM, Turbo is hyper allergic) It's tough. You need a doc come to visit you, au natural completely. Maybe the old boys network can help?

All the best Turbo, Hang in there.
You understand the point that you would rather be paralyzed and killed by a stroke than to smell perfume?? To my knowledge, there have been no reported deaths due to smelling fragrances. There have been deaths due to stroke though. I'm sorry, but I am not seeing the point.

Regardless, what is the difficulty in getting a home visit from a doc? Money? Don't make me start a turbo fund on PF! :) But I assume at some point turbo will need a scan in which he will need to go to a hospital.

Anyway, let's not hijack this thread by discussing whether perfumes can or cannot be deadly. The main point is that he needs to see a doctor, fast.

Turbo get well soon. May you have many blessings and warm wishes for your health
- root :smile:

P.S. Micro and others, are these bickerings necessary? I don't believe turbo opened this thread to seek for your medical advices and such. But, I also hope he gets the required attention.

P.S. Micro and others, are these bickerings necessary? I don't believe turbo opened this thread to seek for your medical advices and such. But, I also hope he gets the required attention.
You're right. I'm sorry. I just want him to see a doctor.

Can't he wear a breathing mask so he doesn't smell any fragrances?

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You're right. I'm sorry. I just want him to see a doctor.
I can understand your feelings and I'm sure turbo does also.

Hi Turbo, you've got to go to the doc.

I hope everything's ok, and that you're feeling better. Get well soon Turbo.

Evo
Mentor
Good news for turbo, just smelling perfume cannot kill you.

http://www.aaaai.org/ask-the-expert/Reactions-to-perfumes.aspx [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: