Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Another Newbie

1. Mar 23, 2017 #1
    Hi, new member here, 57 years old, got my BS Physics in 1999 at 39. so, pretty non-traditional. Have found that while I would like to continue to a MS, it seems all the schools near me are only interested in grad slaves, rather than furthering one's physics education. As a full time worker, they don't want me, as an older guy, they also don't want me, so I am pretty disgruntled with academia.

That still does not damper my enthusiasm for physics, just kindles a fire of indignation...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2017 #2
    Welcome to PF!

4. Mar 23, 2017 #3
    thanks. Any advice on any MS/PhD physics programs that a) would accept a 57 year old guy, b) would accept that I work full time so would be dong this part time, and c) are more interested in actually teaching than in me just being a grad slave for them? Or am I crazy to think such is even possible?

5. Mar 23, 2017 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Please post this question in the Academic Guidance forum, not here in the New Member Intro forum. You should get good help there. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook