Another obstacle to Iran attack is removed

• News
  • Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
In summary: Fallon's resignation, which is reportedly voluntary, signals a change in policy toward Iran, and does not bode well for stability in the ME. Once he has resigned, I hope he gets vocal about his experiences.
seycyrus said:
Ok, this happened 3 days ago. I still don't think it qualifies as a conspiracy. Everyone was waiting for Clinton to burst into tears as she worried about the future of her country since she wouldn't be prez.

How has the IAEA responded to this offer?
I didn't call it a conspiracy, you did. The US press barely covers anything positive about diplomatic initiatives on the part of the Iranians. You can speculate on the source of the bias - I won't go there. What is clear is that even when the Iranians agree to proposals put forth by conservative US figures, they are ignored and the news is buried, and the drum-beat for war goes on.

We don't need any more wars. There is a lot of money to be made from wars, and the neo-conservatives have been entirely co-opted by the people who contract military support service, military hardware, etc. Please follow the money. That's the motivation for war in every case when the initiator of the war is not threatened by the nation that they attack.

No more wars except in defense of our country.
Pre-emptive wars on such flimsy pretexts are abhorrent and are in violation of international law.

Physics news on Phys.org
OK, OK...doing a bit more reading on the huffington article, I just can't resist...

"On Saturday, the Boston Globe ran an interview by Farah Stockman with Mohammad Khazaee, Iran's ambassador to the United Nations."

"Iran's May 13 proposal referred to the idea, but gave no details."

"...this appears to reference a proposal advanced most recently in the US by former US Ambassador Thomas Pickering, William Luers, and Jim Walsh in the March 20, 2008 issue of the ***New York Review of Books***."

(emphasis mine)

You're wondering why the U.S. is not responding to an interview in the Globe in which the ambassador makes a reference about a *vague idea that lacked details* that was initially brought up on a *website* that *reviews books*

Gee willakers Wally, I wonder why that is?

Maybe the Iranian Govt. could step up to the IAEA and make a concrete proposal, with specifics?

turbo-1 said:
I didn't call it a conspiracy, you did.

Oh don't be afraid of the conspiracy word. I know Hilary ruined it by throwing the term around so much, but it still it has it's uses.

One use would be if one imaged that the entire US media was selectively filtering the news it covered.

turbo-1 said:
What is clear is that even when the Iranians agree to proposals put forth by conservative US figures, they are ignored and the news is buried, and the drum-beat for war goes on.

Yeah, that was put forth on a website dedicated to book reviews.

I heard the Iranian ambassador responded to a few proposals from a 4-H meeting in Conneticut. Haven't heard about that in the press either.

Have you read what Obama said about Iran? He will attack Iran if diplomacy fails in the near future, if he's President.

Also, thread closed, this is going nowhere.

Last edited: