Another Problem I Can Not Figure Out

• Thread starter soulja101
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Figure
In summary, a small ball bearing with a mass of 50.0g was dropped in a graduated cylinder filled with thick but clear motor oil. At a point shown in the diagram, the ball bearing had a constant velocity of 4.5cm/s. Use this information to calculate the frictional force of the oil on the ball bearing. The only forces acting on the ball bearing are gravity and the frictional force of the oil.
soulja101
A small ball bearing having a mass of 50.0g was dropped in a graduated cylinder filled with a thick but clear motor oil. At the point shown by the diagram, this ball bearing was moving at a sonstance velocity of 4.5cm/s.Use This information to calulate the frictional force of the oil on the ball bearing.

I have no idea how to start it .

Attachments

• physics2.jpg
    physics2.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 400
Physics news on Phys.org
Does sonstance mean constant??

If so, if it means that, what force is the friction force balancing?

correction

sonstance is constance. my fault

I still don't get what to do. since it has constance vleocity doesn't that mean that it has constant acceleration. what do i look for?

It means it has no acceleration...try figuring out all the forces that are acting on the ball and work from there.

the forces acting on it

the only forces i think are acting on it are gravity.

Yes, gravity works on it, in addition to the..?

What is "Another Problem I Can Not Figure Out"?

"Another Problem I Can Not Figure Out" is a phrase used to describe a complex issue or puzzle that a person is struggling to solve. It could refer to a scientific problem, a personal challenge, or any other type of difficulty that someone is facing.

Why is it important to try to solve "Another Problem I Can Not Figure Out"?

Attempting to solve "Another Problem I Can Not Figure Out" is important because it allows us to push the boundaries of our knowledge and understanding. By attempting to solve difficult problems, we are able to make new discoveries and advancements in various fields.

What are some techniques for approaching "Another Problem I Can Not Figure Out"?

There are several techniques that can be useful when trying to solve "Another Problem I Can Not Figure Out". These include breaking the problem down into smaller, more manageable parts, seeking advice from others, and taking breaks to allow for fresh perspectives.

How can failure be beneficial in trying to solve "Another Problem I Can Not Figure Out"?

Failure can be beneficial in trying to solve "Another Problem I Can Not Figure Out" because it allows us to learn from our mistakes and refine our approach. It also forces us to think outside of the box and consider alternative solutions.

What can I do if I am unable to solve "Another Problem I Can Not Figure Out"?

If you are unable to solve "Another Problem I Can Not Figure Out", it may be helpful to take a step back and look at the problem from a different perspective. You can also seek guidance and advice from others who may have more experience or expertise in the area. Remember, not all problems have immediate solutions, and it is important to be patient and persistent in your approach.