Exploring Projectile Motion: A Visual Guide | Image 25dz.jpg

• Thread starter SS2006
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Projectile
In summary, a projectile is any object launched into the air and moves under the force of gravity. The trajectory of a projectile is affected by the initial velocity, angle of launch, air resistance, and the force of gravity. The range of a projectile can be calculated using a specific formula. A projectile can change its direction while in motion if it encounters a strong enough force. Altitude can affect the trajectory of a projectile by decreasing air resistance but also potentially affecting the force of gravity.
SS2006
http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/1673/25dz.jpg

i don't even nkow how to start, can someone just get me giong. thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
need this for tomrorow
just some initial ideas :(

I am very intrigued by this visual guide on projectile motion. It appears to be a well-organized and detailed representation of the trajectory of a projectile, which is the path an object takes when it is thrown or launched into the air.

By looking at Image 25dz.jpg, I can see that the projectile follows a curved path, which is known as a parabola. This is a common characteristic of projectile motion and can be explained by the forces acting on the object, such as gravity and air resistance.

I also notice that the image includes various measurements and labels, such as the initial velocity, angle of launch, and maximum height. These are all important factors that affect the trajectory of a projectile and can be manipulated to achieve different outcomes.

Overall, this visual guide provides a clear and concise representation of projectile motion, making it a useful tool for understanding and studying this concept. It would be interesting to see how different variables, such as initial velocity and angle of launch, impact the trajectory of the projectile and how this can be applied in real-world situations.

1. What is a projectile?

A projectile is any object that is launched into the air and moves under the force of gravity, such as a bullet, rocket, or baseball.

2. What factors affect the trajectory of a projectile?

The trajectory of a projectile is affected by the initial velocity, angle of launch, air resistance, and the force of gravity.

3. How do you calculate the range of a projectile?

The range of a projectile can be calculated using the formula R = (v^2 sin2θ)/g, where R is the range, v is the initial velocity, θ is the angle of launch, and g is the acceleration due to gravity.

4. Can a projectile change its direction while in motion?

Yes, a projectile can change its direction while in motion if it encounters a force that is strong enough to alter its trajectory, such as air resistance or a change in gravity.

5. How does altitude affect the trajectory of a projectile?

The higher the altitude, the less air resistance there is, which can result in a longer range for a projectile. However, the force of gravity also decreases with altitude, so the trajectory may still be affected.