Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Another simplest pulsejet

1. Jun 21, 2011 #1
    This is the simplest pulsejet you could make and costs only Rs.110 and has got a good throttling range,which you could see in the video..No need to strain much to start this engine it starts in a single attempt..If anyone need to make this design please reply here..Thanks for watching see you all in the next pulsejet video..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 21, 2011 #2
    This is great! I remember as a kid trying to build a reed pulsejet... Got as far as cutting the reeds by coating spring steel w/ paint and scribing lines / reverse electrolysis machining the metal.

I'd be interested in seeing dimensions / plans - perhaps I can build one for fun one day!

Thanks,

George

4. Jun 21, 2011 #3
    this is valveless so no problem for us,no need to make valves:cool:..here is the design..All dimensions are in cm..Those are standard pipes so readily available in markets..:smile:

note: place the inlet fuel pipe at a depth of 4.3cm into the intake pipe..The fuel pipe dia is 3mm..

Attached Files:

• SSI.jpg
      SSI.jpg
      File size:
      10.1 KB
      Views:
  5. Jun 25, 2011 #4
    this has really got good thrust,tried to show an cloth near it but i was not able to do it,so much of force from the exhaust pipe..one day i will hook it up to a scale and find out the real thrust..

note: at the end when i tried to show a cardboard the engine got few holes in the welded parts..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook