Ansoft Maxwell 3D problem

In summary, the error is saying the mesh quality of some elements is not acceptable by the solver. This could be a problem with the mesh itself, or the solver settings. I don't know what you're trying to do, so I can't help.
KeRyOnE
Hi,
I'm tring to explore magnetic field of the contact system, but when I set the current on a face, i have the next error:

"An external terminal must border the edge of the problem region and coincides with the surface of a 3D object"

I solve this problem when I set region overlap with this current, but then the region is too small.
I tried to make object from face, but it didn't work...
Can enybody help me? I need bigger region...can't understand what requirements have this software for this type of exciatations?

Sorry for my english...

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi,
I have the same problem, can you describe for me how you solve this problem by setting region overlap with this current? I don't know what it means to set region overlap.

Thank you

If your current path is open ended, for example, a copper bar from left to right along Y axis, then your region must be set so that the edges of the region on the left and right will be on the same plane as the ends of the copper bar. This will ensure the current is coming into the region and then going out of the region. If you use percentage to set your region, meaning +y and -y are set to Zero, and x and z can be 100 or 200 percentage.

eleanor89 said:
Hi,
I have the same problem, can you describe for me how you solve this problem by setting region overlap with this current? I don't know what it means to set region overlap.

Thank you

Hi,
I'm trying to simulate a linear induction motor using ansoft maxwell 3d design, but the following error occurs:

"Mesh quality of some elements is not accepted by solver."

Can anybody help me?

my email: aliasgharpourmoosa@gmail.com

Sorry for my English

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out about your issue with Ansoft Maxwell 3D. I understand that you are trying to explore the magnetic field of a contact system, but are encountering an error when setting the current on a face. Based on the error message, it seems that the software requires an external terminal to border the edge of the problem region and coincide with the surface of a 3D object.

You mentioned that you were able to solve this problem by setting a region overlap with the current, but the resulting region is too small. You also tried to make an object from the face, but it did not work. It is possible that the software has specific requirements for this type of excitation, which may be causing the issue.

I would suggest reaching out to the software's technical support team for assistance. They may be able to provide more specific guidance on how to properly set up the current on the face and what requirements need to be met for this type of excitation. It may also be helpful to provide them with more information about your specific setup and the steps you have taken so far.

I hope this helps and you are able to resolve your issue with Ansoft Maxwell 3D. Best of luck with your research.

Sincerely,

1. What is Ansoft Maxwell 3D problem?

Ansoft Maxwell 3D problem is a computer software used for electromagnetic simulation and analysis. It is specifically designed for solving complex 3D electromagnetic field problems.

2. How does Ansoft Maxwell 3D problem work?

The software uses finite element analysis (FEA) method to solve Maxwell's equations and simulate the electromagnetic behavior of a system. It creates a virtual 3D model of the system, applies boundary conditions and material properties, and then calculates the electromagnetic fields and forces within the system.

3. What are the key features of Ansoft Maxwell 3D problem?

Some of the key features of Ansoft Maxwell 3D problem include its ability to handle both low and high frequency electromagnetic problems, its accurate analysis of complex geometries and materials, and its user-friendly interface with advanced visualization tools for better analysis and understanding of results.

4. Can Ansoft Maxwell 3D problem be used for any type of electromagnetic problem?

While Ansoft Maxwell 3D problem is a powerful software, it is specifically designed for solving 3D electromagnetic problems. It may not be suitable for 2D problems or other types of simulations such as thermal or structural analysis.

5. Is Ansoft Maxwell 3D problem suitable for beginners?

Ansoft Maxwell 3D problem is a complex software with advanced features and capabilities. It may require some level of expertise and training to use effectively. However, the software does offer tutorials and online resources for beginners to get started.