1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ansoft Maxwell 3D problem

1. Mar 22, 2010 #1
    Hi,
    I'm tring to explore magnetic field of the contact system, but when I set the current on a face, i have the next error:

"An external terminal must border the edge of the problem region and coincides with the surface of a 3D object"

I solve this problem when I set region overlap with this current, but then the region is too small.
    I tried to make object from face, but it didn't work...
    Can enybody help me? I need bigger region...can't understand what requirements have this software for this type of exciatations?

Sorry for my english...

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2012 #2
    Hi,
    I have the same problem, can you describe for me how you solve this problem by setting region overlap with this current? I don't know what it means to set region overlap.

Thank you

4. Apr 9, 2012 #3
    If your current path is open ended, for example, a copper bar from left to right along Y axis, then your region must be set so that the edges of the region on the left and right will be on the same plane as the ends of the copper bar. This will ensure the current is coming into the region and then going out of the region. If you use percentage to set your region, meaning +y and -y are set to Zero, and x and z can be 100 or 200 percentage.

5. Nov 5, 2012 #4
    Hi,
    I'm trying to simulate a linear induction motor using ansoft maxwell 3d design, but the following error occurs:

"Mesh quality of some elements is not accepted by solver."

Can anybody help me?

my email: aliasgharpourmoosa@gmail.com

Sorry for my English

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook