Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ansoft Maxwell virtual vs Lorentz force

1. Oct 28, 2016 #1
    Hello people, I am trying to model a motor in maxwell that has an array of magnets in it , the thing is that I get the non zero forces for the magnets even when there are no excitations if I choose virtual forces , I am selecting the whole array of magnets so the computation should be for the center of mass of the magnet array , I get the correct zero force when I use lorrentz force in magnetostatic solution but if I choose transient analysis only the virtual forces can be chosen and then I get fictitious forces, is this a bug of maxwell or does it have to do with the way the virtual force is computated? What is the difference between virtual and lorentz force in maxwell?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted