1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Answer me this is

1. Jan 22, 2007 #1
    answer me this is urgent..

can you tell me the general properties of superconductivity and applications of superconductivity?

if any websites are there,please tell me the sites i will search,i have gone through google but i couldn't get the answer.if anybody pls send it as a link...please it is urgent because i got to submit my assignment.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 22, 2007 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Just go to wikipedia.org and do a search on superconductor. That should get you started, as well as provide you with further links for more detailed research.

4. Jan 22, 2007 #3
    Has Zz gone on a vacation or something? :biggrin: :wink:

Seriously, it would actually be better for her to google "superconductor" than wiki it.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  5. Jan 22, 2007 #4

berkeman

I know, but for basic stuff, wikipedia isn't too bad. And for a newbie to sift through the google hits to get a good overview is sometimes a bit of a challenge. Maybe I should start using hyperphysics more -- I haven't used them much.

6. Jan 22, 2007 #5
    In this case, the first hit is probably just what the OP wanted: http://superconductors.org

HP is a bit terse, but it's a good reference if you know the basics.

7. Jan 22, 2007 #6

berkeman

Wow, great website! I like the little flashing neon sign for "Highest Tc Claim = 150K" :biggrin:

8. Jan 22, 2007 #7
    Although I saw that flashing number, I assumed it to be one of those Weather Underground thingies. :redface:

9. Jan 23, 2007 #8
    thankyou for the replies but i have already gone through wikipedia but i could get only 3 properties but actually there are 8 properties...
    please if anybody can help me for the explanation...the 8 properties are
    (1)the critical field (2)the critical current density (3)meissner effect or perfect diamagnetism (4)type I and type II suprconductors (5)penetration depth (6) flux quantization (7)josephson effect and tunneling and (8)energy gap.
    if you know in which website these properties explanation is available with diagrams please reply me....and if u can explain about any of the property above please do that...

10. Jan 23, 2007 #9
  11. Jan 23, 2007 #10

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

That link's in berkeman's signature-- it's not a reply to your post!

12. Jan 23, 2007 #11
    sorry i didn't saw the line above that website actually i was in hurry to write up my answers..

13. Jan 23, 2007 #12

berkeman

You did see neutrino's post about this great website, right? http://superconductors.org

14. Jan 24, 2007 #13
    i have already been to that website but there are only journals and some books about superconductivity which are high level for me for now coz..we are not into the deep

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?