Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ansys 13 Contact problem

1. Jun 21, 2012 #1
    Hello,

In short I have only been using ansys for a week and a half now so some could call me a noob.

Basically, I am doing some FEA on some wrist implants to see how the stress' distribute across the assembly and have to use contacts to connect the model parts together, two being a proximal and distal part to the wrist implant and the last being a wood block to hold the whole thing in place. Wood is used as it has similar properties to bone.

I want to apply a 2kN load to the top of the assembly(the Distal part) and rigidly fix the the wood block (the bottom part of the assembly). When ever I run an analysis no matter what I do the results seem to vary significantly and have trouble converging. I am 100% sure it is the contact settings/type will solve this problem.

Any pointers on what type of contact, separated, bonded, rough or area to areaor surface to surface contacts? any advice is welcome :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted