Is ANSYS APDL - New Book Out a must-have for serious analysts?

In summary, the conversation is about a new APDL book that has been released and two individuals, Matt and the original poster, have purchased and read it. They both agree that it is a good resource for understanding APDL and recommend it to anyone looking to become a serious analyst. However, Matt notes that the book may be more beneficial for those who have been working with ANSYS for a while. Despite finding a few typos, both individuals have learned new information from the book.
Engineering news on Phys.org
I got my copy this past Friday. Not too bad, just a couple of typos I found so far. Really good resource but you need to have been working with ANSYS for a while to get the full benefit. I have been an analyst for years so most of the book was review of material I have used many times over. However, I did learn some new stuff from the book.

I definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to understand APDL and if you want to become a serious analyst you will learn APDL one way or another. The life you save my be your own.

Thanks
Matt

1. What is ANSYS APDL?

ANSYS APDL (ANSYS Parametric Design Language) is a powerful scripting language used for automating and customizing simulations in the ANSYS software suite. It allows users to create complex and repetitive simulations quickly and efficiently.

2. What is the purpose of the new book on ANSYS APDL?

The new book on ANSYS APDL aims to provide a comprehensive guide for users to learn and master the language. It covers the basics of APDL, advanced techniques, and real-world examples to help users understand and utilize the language effectively.

3. Who can benefit from the new book on ANSYS APDL?

The book is designed for engineers, scientists, and students who use ANSYS for simulation and want to improve their skills in using APDL. It is suitable for both beginners and experienced users who want to enhance their knowledge of the language.

4. Can the new book on ANSYS APDL be used for self-study?

Yes, the book is a self-contained resource that can be used for self-study. It includes step-by-step instructions, examples, and exercises to help readers learn and practice APDL at their own pace.

5. Is the new book on ANSYS APDL updated with the latest version of ANSYS software?

Yes, the book is regularly updated to ensure compatibility with the latest version of ANSYS software. The authors also provide updates and additional resources on their website to keep readers up-to-date with any changes or new features in ANSYS APDL.