Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

ANSYS Contact Problem - Gap

Tags:
  1. Nov 10, 2015 #1

WIN

I'm an intern currently and doing some analytic project in a company. So i am required to determine the gap between 2 contact surface (2 O-rings). I've obtain some result by using "node to node" contact with some commands and also probe "gap". There's some difference between the results and the supervisor want me to find out why is there difference between the gap value. Is there anyway i can find it out? Anyone here know the reason behind the calculations/analysis behind ansys. And is it possible to determine the gap by the deformations of the 2 O-rings. Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2015 #2

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What is the configuration of the O rings and other components ?

4. Nov 10, 2015 #3

WIN

the O rings were frictionless to each other and there are pressure acting on them so that both O-rings will press against each other... the end effect is to determine that the leakage through them with Gap and find out which is the better analysis

5. Nov 10, 2015 #4

WIN

it look this way...

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook