Ansys Displacement of a flexible part....

Thank you!In summary, the conversation is about a user experiencing difficulties with simulating the displacement of a flexible part, which is getting stuck mid-way. The expert suggests checking factors such as boundary conditions, material properties, and meshing, and also requests for more information and the attached file for a closer analysis and targeted suggestions.
nshuti88
Hello!
I'm trying to simulate the displacement of a flexible part through two parts. But it's not passing through all the way out. It get stacked mid-way.
Can someone help me, please.
Here, I attached my file.

Attachments

• MyFile.zip
    175.5 KB · Views: 172
Engineering news on Phys.org

Hello! It seems like you are experiencing some issues with the simulation of the displacement of a flexible part. Can you provide more information about the specific setup and conditions of your simulation? This will help in troubleshooting the issue.

In general, when a flexible part gets stuck mid-way during a displacement, it could be due to several reasons such as incorrect boundary conditions, material properties, or meshing. I would recommend checking these factors first to ensure they are accurately represented in your simulation.

Additionally, it would be helpful if you could share the file you mentioned in your post so that we can take a closer look at your setup and provide more targeted suggestions. Looking forward to hearing more about your simulation and assisting you in resolving the issue.

1. What is Ansys Displacement of a flexible part?

Ansys Displacement refers to the amount of movement or deformation that a flexible part experiences under a given load or boundary conditions. It is a key parameter in analyzing the structural integrity and performance of a design.

2. How does Ansys calculate displacement of a flexible part?

Ansys uses the finite element method to discretize a flexible part into smaller, simpler elements. By solving the governing equations for each element and combining them, Ansys is able to calculate the displacement of the entire part.

3. What factors can affect the accuracy of Ansys Displacement results?

The accuracy of Ansys Displacement results can be affected by factors such as the mesh density, element type, and material properties. It is important to carefully choose these parameters to ensure reliable results.

4. Can Ansys Displacement be used for all types of flexible parts?

Ansys Displacement can be used for a wide range of flexible parts, including beams, plates, shells, and 3D solid structures. However, the type of analysis and element type may need to be adjusted depending on the specific geometry and mechanical properties of the part.

5. How can I interpret the displacement results from Ansys?

The displacement results from Ansys can be interpreted by comparing them to the initial geometry and boundary conditions of the part. It is important to also consider the maximum allowable displacement for the specific application to determine if the design meets the required criteria.