ANSYS Explicit Dynamics error

• Thread starter Pled
  • Start date
Summary
ansys, explicit dynamics, error
I am trying to run explicit dynamics, but after AUTODYN PRE-SOLVER SETUP is complete the solution stops and the following message is displayed "A general failure occurred during the solution process."

I have installed the same ansys version on another pc and everything works ok. RAM is the same, processor is the same, both nvidia GPUS.

What could cause such an error?

berkeman

Mentor
Welcome to the PF. :smile:
Summary: ansys, explicit dynamics, error

I have installed the same ansys version on another pc and everything works ok. RAM is the same, processor is the same, both nvidia GPUS.
I'd recommend going through the setup menus for the two PCs to see if there is a setting that is different between them. Can you say more about what you are simulating?

If the settings seem the same between the two computers, can you simplify the simulation to see if you can get a simpler version of the simulation to run? That might start to give some clues about what the issue is with that one computer...

I have already tried to simulate a simpler model but nothing. I am trying to simulate an impact and after pre-solver setup it simply does not initialize aytodyn solver.

berkeman

Mentor
With SPICE circuit simulator packages, you can often force initial conditions that help a circuit to stabilize at the start of the simulation. Sometimes you do a very long simulation to find the initial conditions of the circuit before there is a forcing function, and you can save and input those initial conditions into a quicker simulation with the forcing function.

Does the ANSYS package offer something similar? It sounds like it is having trouble finding a stable operating point to start the simulation from. Maybe output the initial operating point from the PC that has the working simulation to see if that helps the problem PC to carry forward with the rest of the simulation?