Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

ANSYS Fluent error reading .cas file

1. Apr 26, 2016 #1
    This is my first time using ansys Fluent, and I am trying to follow this tutorial for modeling a heat exchanger under various conditions. I have been provided with a "Case 1 Mesh" file of the extension type .cas which is to be used in our simulation involving several or one heating element(s) within a channel of running water. When I open ansys and try to read the file I receive the following error:

Error: Invalid section id: %*¥
    Error Object: #f

Error: Error reading "\XXXXXX\XXX\XXX\1squareheater.cas".
    Error Object: #f

The tutorial simply states that a "window should appear" and the corresponding image shows the fluent window after the mesh has already been displayed. I feel that I'm probably doing something wrong here. Any help from the more ansys experienced would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. May 2, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted