1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ansys Fluent transient pipe flow

1. Nov 7, 2017 #1
    Hello,

I am doing a relatively simple problem, but i cant initialise it.

I have hot water at 400K moving inside a copper pipe at 300K. I would like to see the time it takes for the copper pipe's temperature to increase to 400. However I cant seem to initialise the temperature of the pipe, as in all the plots its temperature starts at 400 at t = 0s.

I simply have a hollow pipe filled with a fluid. In the boundry conditions of the pipe I thermally couple it with the fluid. In standard initialisation I tell the solver to compute from pipe wall at 300K, but no avail.

Can anyone please help. Its a basic problem but has taken me days now.

Thanks
    Abdur

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 12, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted