Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ansys Ramp Analysis Question

1. Apr 15, 2017 #1
    Hi all,
    I need information about modelling a system. Assume that, there is a ramp and robot with 2 wheels. I want wheels to follow the road and (if it is suitable to happen) jump from it according to the given velocity.

How can i model this situtation?

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2017 #2
    Are the two wheels in tandem, or one behind the other? What do you have in mind with your question about jumping from the road? A sketch would really help make this situation more clear.

4. Apr 15, 2017 #3
    @Dr.D This is symbolic views of what i thought. There is 2 wheeled robot as shown in the image and I want from this to follow the road and if its suitable jump as ramp effect.
    QB5hUp7.png

5. Apr 15, 2017 #4
    If I understand you correctly, you want the two wheeled machine to roll up (or is it down) the hill, and leave the hill at the top (or is it at the bottom)? Can you clarify where the motion starts and where you envision a jump?

6. Apr 15, 2017 #5
    @Dr.D sorry for bad explanation. In that figure, roller robot climb the hill (with respect to the road, if it is more complex) with specified velocity and leave the hill according to the dynamic motion. It can roll basicly (if there is no situtation to jump) or jump. I want this situtation to model in Ansys.

7. Apr 15, 2017 #6
    OK, I understand the problem now. It would not be very hard to do without ANSYS, but when you bring ANSYS into the picture, I have no idea how to do it. Packages like ANSYS have their own rules, and a user has to be specialized in the particular package to use it with confidence. For that reason, I'd much rather work it in the straight forward way.

Good luck with ANSYS!

8. Apr 16, 2017 #7
    Thanks for the answer. I would like to learn how to do this in ANSYS.

Are there anyone that knows ANSYS Modules?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted