ANSYS scripting in Workbench .

In summary: I am little bit lost hereIn summary, exporting an APDL model to workbench can be done, but it won't generate a file that Workbench can use.
mechcrazy
ANSYS scripting in Workbench...

I am not sure whether I am using perfect terminology or not, I want to create a program using ansys workbench such that I will give input/parameters to the program, what all operations/analyses has to be done will be specified in program and will finally obtain results...this can be done with Mechanical APDL language in Ansys classic that I am aware of...but which language does Workbench use? and where is option in the software where we can type our program?

Thank You

Engineering news on Phys.org

What you're asking for is ANSYS APDL. Workbench does not have a scripting language, because it in turn uses APDL for it's own scripting language.

Mech_Engineer said:
What you're asking for is ANSYS APDL. Workbench does not have a scripting language, because it in turn uses APDL for it's own scripting language.

Thank You...
But can't we create interface kind of thing where we will give input n program will lead us to result in workbench?
and if yes from where to start can you just give outline?

What exactly are you trying to achieve? You can import and export APDL files through Workbench, and you can import ANSYS results in Workbench as well. I don't think you're understanding the difference between Workbench (basically just GUI) and APDL (underlying language Workbench uses).

Mech_Engineer said:
What exactly are you trying to achieve? You can import and export APDL files through Workbench, and you can import ANSYS results in Workbench as well. I don't think you're understanding the difference between Workbench (basically just GUI) and APDL (underlying language Workbench uses).

Yes sir I am little confused...I just want to create a program in workbench with predefined analysis where we will just have to give input parameters n result will appear...was preoccupied with thought that workbench uses other language python and not APDL...now ill start with my project...if i need any help will again come to u...thanks ur reply will help me..

APDL is the "classic" way to automate ANSYS, but not the only way. For example, you can now use a Python journal file to automate simulation by changing input parameters. You can use the Workbench API to build custom forms and vertical applications. Many legacy products that are now part of ANSYS Workbench can continue to be customized using their native scripting enviorment. For example, Jscript for ANSYS Mechanical, APDL for Mechanical APDL , Scheme for Fluent and so on. Additionally you can customize Project Schematic, Design Exploration, and Engineering Data in ANSYS 12.1 and later
using Python. Hope this helps.

mnalgirkar said:
APDL is the "classic" way to automate ANSYS, but not the only way. For example, you can now use a Python journal file to automate simulation by changing input parameters. You can use the Workbench API to build custom forms and vertical applications. Many legacy products that are now part of ANSYS Workbench can continue to be customized using their native scripting enviorment. For example, Jscript for ANSYS Mechanical, APDL for Mechanical APDL , Scheme for Fluent and so on. Additionally you can customize Project Schematic, Design Exploration, and Engineering Data in ANSYS 12.1 and later
using Python. Hope this helps.

yes sir it helped...ill msg u if i need further guidance

Hi,I did a model in APDL...now I want to use that in workbench is it possible... I tried export option in APDL but its not working...as it generates a file that matches none of the format that workbench uses like igs,iges... can somebody help me

1. What is ANSYS scripting in Workbench?

ANSYS scripting in Workbench is a way to automate tasks and create customized processes within the ANSYS software. It involves using a scripting language, such as Python, to write code that can perform various actions and operations within the ANSYS environment.

2. Why would I use ANSYS scripting in Workbench?

ANSYS scripting in Workbench can save time and increase efficiency by automating repetitive tasks and allowing for customization of workflows. It also provides more control and flexibility in the simulation process.

3. Do I need to have programming experience to use ANSYS scripting in Workbench?

While having some programming experience can be helpful, it is not necessary to use ANSYS scripting in Workbench. The ANSYS software provides documentation and resources for users to learn the scripting language and how to use it within the software.

4. Can ANSYS scripting in Workbench be used for all types of simulations?

Yes, ANSYS scripting in Workbench can be used for a wide range of simulations, including structural, fluid dynamics, and electromagnetic simulations. It can also be used for pre- and post-processing tasks, such as importing and exporting data.

5. Are there any limitations to ANSYS scripting in Workbench?

While ANSYS scripting in Workbench is a powerful tool, it does have some limitations. It may not be suitable for very complex simulations or tasks that require advanced mathematical algorithms. It also may not be compatible with certain external software or plugins.