Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

ANSYS vs CATIA

Tags:
  1. Apr 13, 2014 #1
    Hi,

I wanted to know what is the difference between ANSYS Fluent/ANSYS and CATIA. And what purpose do both of these applications serve?

Furthermore, does Solidworks compete with CATIA? (If so, then i can focus on learning only one of them instead of two).

I am just confused if i should learn ANSYS Fluent/ANSYS, CATIA, Solidworks or Creo.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 19, 2014 #2
    Ansys fluent is top level application for cfd only. You will need a program to design your geometry. You can couple ansys with solidworks or catia.
    Those programs have cfd inside, the only thing that differences one from the other are the precision of calculation. If just want to study the nature of easy things, there is no major difference between ansys, catia or solidwork. When things get complex, replace solidwork (very fancy & easy) to catia. When you need more precision, fluent is more reliable. In the end, solidwork & catia born for mechanics applications

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook