Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ansys workbench 12 problem

1. Nov 4, 2011 #1
    hi
    there is an assembly of parts which i want to do static analyse on. i make the parts in cataia and import them as ''igs'' into workbench.problem 1: there are near 7 parts in my assembly which when gets into ansys , ansys doesnt recognize some of them and doesnt show them but it recognize the other parts as solids1,2,3... what can i do if i want the whole assembly in ansys ?
    problem 2: instead of importing the whole , after importing some of the parts i tried to make the other parts by its geometry feature but after making the part and pressing generate ansys automatically turns the whole assembly as one parts , i mean it doesnt know the contact sufaces anymore , it automatically merge the whole contact surfaces together . what can i do?> this are the assembly pls take a lokk untitled.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 29, 2013 #2
    check your Geometry importing option in workbench, make sure that u r checked correct importing option. me too had the same problem, sometime it shows more surface in the assembly.

4. Mar 29, 2013 #3
    IGS format is always a 50/50 gamble. In order to do this correctly you need a CAD Interface License for Catia.

5. Mar 29, 2013 #4
    In looking at the model, I am assuming that it has no internal parts and therefore, could have been done as a simple beam and shell model in ANSYS Traditional and you would have no problems with geometry since you could have created it all in ANSYS.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook