Ansys workbench 12 problem

• Thread starter karimi67
  • Start date
karimi67
hi
there is an assembly of parts which i want to do static analyse on. i make the parts in cataia and import them as ''igs'' into workbench.problem 1: there are near 7 parts in my assembly which when gets into ansys , ansys doesnt recognize some of them and doesnt show them but it recognize the other parts as solids1,2,3... what can i do if i want the whole assembly in ansys ?
problem 2: instead of importing the whole , after importing some of the parts i tried to make the other parts by its geometry feature but after making the part and pressing generate ansys automatically turns the whole assembly as one parts , i mean it doesnt know the contact sufaces anymore , it automatically merge the whole contact surfaces together . what can i do?> this are the assembly pls take a lokk
untitled.jpg

Answers and Replies

Total_Damage
check your Geometry importing option in workbench, make sure that u r checked correct importing option. me too had the same problem, sometime it shows more surface in the assembly.

CFDFEAGURU
IGS format is always a 50/50 gamble. In order to do this correctly you need a CAD Interface License for Catia.

CFDFEAGURU
In looking at the model, I am assuming that it has no internal parts and therefore, could have been done as a simple beam and shell model in ANSYS Traditional and you would have no problems with geometry since you could have created it all in ANSYS.

Suggested for: Ansys workbench 12 problem

• Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies