1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Antarctica Assignment

1. Nov 15, 2005 #1
    Hey there,

I have to do a grade 8 assignment on Antarctica, and prove that this quote is correct:

While Antarctica is a difficult place for plants and animals to adapt, there are special flora and fauna found there.

I have to also research cold deserts and the adaptation of at least one cold desert plant or animal.

I was just wondering if someone could give me some tips for my assignment, if anyone could help that'd be greatly appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2005 #2

Staff: Mentor

4. Nov 18, 2005 #3

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

G'day ShadowChaotic (and Astonuc too)

On this one I would recommend using a web search engine using key words like "cold desert", flora, fauna
    Here is a site listing a collection of search engines.
  5. Nov 21, 2005 #4
    ok thanks guys, I have already tried several search engine searches and received a decent amount of info but I just need a little bit more which that wikipedia link is helping out with :) thanks again :smile:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?