1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Antenna array

1. May 23, 2005 #1
    If current densities are given in a perfect dielectric medium having [tex]\epsilon , \mu[/tex]
    I have to find the power dissipated per unit volume, the electric field energy density, and the magnetic field energy density everywhere.
    Can I get help with equations?

2. jcsd
  3. May 24, 2005 #2
    These are standard equations (outcomes of electromagnetic theory) and you should be able to find them even in a basic treatment of electromagnetic waves (for example, in books like Krane, Sears/Zemansky, etc). You could even search on google.com. What is your specific trouble with them?

4. May 24, 2005 #3
    Given
    [tex]E=J_{so}cos(\omega t-\beta z) \vec{i} [/tex]
    and
    [tex]H=\frac{J_{so}}{2}cos(\omega t-\beta z) \vec{j} [/tex]

I have to find power flow density vector(this i know is a P=ExH pointing vector the power)
    the dissipated per unit volume, the electric field energy density, and the magnetic field energy density everywhere.

5. May 24, 2005 #4
    Any help with this problem. Its due today. Thanks

6. May 24, 2005 #5
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?