Anti-gravitons affect on photons?

• Thread starter taeth
  • Start date
Black holes are known to absorp photons at almost every frequency (Except Hawking radiation to my knowledge) my question is do anti-gravitons affect photons in an oppositive fashion(repel photons)? Or do photons get absorbed by them(anti-gravitons) aswell?

Answers and Replies

dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
taeth said:
Black holes are known to absorp photons at almost every frequency (Except Hawking radiation to my knowledge) my question is do anti-gravitons affect photons in an oppositive fashion(repel photons)? Or do photons get absorbed by them(anti-gravitons) aswell?

Question no.1:What are antiparticles??

Daniel.

Particles with an opposite charge example: Electron, and positron, but they have same mass and spin

dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
It's not the most rigurous definition,but it works...

Question no. 2:What is an antiphoton???

Daniel.

Are you just basically saying that anti gravitons affect just anti-photons?

dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
taeth said:
Are you just basically saying that anti gravitons affect just anti-photons?

Nope,i'm saying that antigravitons and antiphotons do not exist...They are identical to their counterparts,simple because they do not have an electric charge.

As for the question itself...We have't even proven gravitons exist...

Daniel.

Antigravitons are theorized to spin oppositely of gravitons thus making their attraction opposite, but then alot of things theory right now so I figured people would have theorized this.

dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
taeth said:
Antigravitons are theorized to spin oppositely of gravitons thus making their attraction opposite.

:eek: Explain this assertion.Maybe some formulas... :rolleyes:

Daniel.

P.S.Begin with the definition of antigravitons...

k brb ... you have method for writting pi, and other thigns cause I can't seem to use most of the symbols...

dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
taeth said:
k brb ... you have method for writting pi, and other thigns cause I can't seem to use most of the symbols...

Can u write in Tex??This site has a built-in compiler which would put any code-lines into nice formulas...

Daniel.

K um can I just give you link to the site, because it would be easier. I'll find it tomorrow

Chronos
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Only half spin particles have anti-particles by any physics I know. A photon is a spin 1 particle and a graviton is a spin 2 particle, in theory. The term spin, as used in particle physics, is a descriptive convention that relates to symmetry. It is not the same as spin in kinetics.