Anti War movilization in Argentina

• News
  • Thread starter Burnsys
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person walking down the same street and repeatedly falling into a hole in the sidewalk. In the first chapter, they are lost and hopeless, but in the second chapter, they pretend not to see the hole and still fall in. In the third chapter, they acknowledge the hole but continue to fall in out of habit. In the fourth chapter, they learn to walk around the hole. Finally, in the fifth chapter, they choose to walk down a different street. This conversation is referenced in "Autobiography in Five Chapters" in The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying.
Physics news on Phys.org
1) I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
I fall in.
I am lost...I am hopeless
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

2) I walk down the same street
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I'm in the same place.
But it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

3) I walk down the same street.
I see it is there.
I still fall in...it's a habit
My eyes are open
I know where I am
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.

4) I walk down the same street.
I walk around it.

5) I walk down another street.

"Autobiography in Five Chapters" at p31 of The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying.

The pictures shown in the link depict a powerful and moving anti-war mobilization in Argentina. It is clear that there is a strong sentiment against war and violence among the people of Argentina, as evidenced by the large turnout and passionate messages displayed in the photos.

The images show a diverse group of individuals coming together to peacefully protest against war, carrying signs and banners with powerful slogans such as "No more wars, no more deaths" and "War is not the answer." These messages convey a strong and united message against the devastating effects of war on both human lives and communities.

It is heartening to see the people of Argentina taking a stand against war and advocating for peace and diplomacy. In a world where conflicts and violence seem to be ever-present, it is important for individuals and communities to speak out against war and promote peaceful solutions.

The photos also highlight the power of unity and solidarity in the face of injustice. The diverse group of individuals coming together to protest against war shows that this is an issue that transcends borders, race, and religion.

In conclusion, these images serve as a powerful reminder of the impact of war and the importance of actively working towards peace. The anti-war mobilization in Argentina is a testament to the resilience and determination of the people in their pursuit of a more peaceful world.

The images in this article depict a powerful and moving anti-war mobilization in Argentina. It is clear that the people of Argentina are passionate and determined in their stance against war and violence.

The first image shows a large crowd gathered, holding signs and banners with powerful messages such as "No to War" and "Peace Now." This shows the unity and solidarity among the people in their fight against war.

The second image shows a group of activists lying on the ground, covered in fake blood, representing the victims of war. This is a powerful and impactful way to bring attention to the devastating consequences of war and the lives lost.

The third image shows a woman holding a sign that reads "Our children don't want war." This is a poignant reminder that it is the innocent and vulnerable who suffer the most in times of war.

Overall, these images demonstrate the determination and passion of the people of Argentina in their fight against war and violence. It is inspiring to see such a strong and united movement, and it serves as a reminder that peace is always worth fighting for.

What is the history of the Anti War mobilization in Argentina?

The Anti War mobilization in Argentina originated in the 1980s during the military dictatorship. It was a response to the government's human rights violations and involvement in the Falklands War. It gained momentum in the late 1990s and early 2000s as a way to protest against the government's participation in the Iraq War.

Who were the key figures involved in the Anti War mobilization in Argentina?

The key figures involved in the Anti War mobilization in Argentina were human rights activists, social organizations, and political parties. The Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo, a group of mothers whose children were disappeared during the dictatorship, played a significant role in organizing protests against the government's involvement in the Iraq War. Other key figures include Nobel Peace Prize winner Adolfo Pérez Esquivel and the Argentine Workers' Central Union (CTA).

What were the main goals of the Anti War mobilization in Argentina?

The main goals of the Anti War mobilization in Argentina were to denounce the government's human rights violations and to protest against their involvement in the Iraq War. The movement also aimed to promote peace and non-violent conflict resolution, both domestically and internationally.

How effective was the Anti War mobilization in Argentina?

The Anti War mobilization in Argentina was largely effective in achieving its goals. The protests and demonstrations drew international attention to the human rights violations committed by the government and put pressure on them to withdraw from the Iraq War. The movement also helped to shape public opinion and raise awareness about peace and non-violent conflict resolution.

What impact did the Anti War mobilization in Argentina have on the country?

The Anti War mobilization in Argentina had a significant impact on the country. It brought together diverse groups of people in a united cause and helped to promote social and political activism. The movement also contributed to the eventual downfall of the military dictatorship and brought about changes in government policies towards international conflicts and human rights. It continues to be a significant part of Argentina's history and serves as a reminder of the power of collective action.