Are You Part of the Anti-Crank Fan Club?

• Thread starter Chi Meson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fan
In summary, anti_crank is a fan of no cranks and thinks that they are a valuable source of entertainment. He also thinks that anyone who agrees with his theories is worthy of his respect.

Are you an anti_crank fan, or WHAT?

• Yes, I am

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • What?

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
This is not really a poll, but step forward and be counted as being in the anti_crank fan club!

Ahem. Me!

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't understand physics, but people I respect appear to value his opinion.

A crank almost sucked me into his theory a year or so ago. How far I've come... NO CRANKS! NO CRANKS! NO CRANKS! NO BUSH! NO CRANKS!

jk :smile: (about the Bush thing)

Paden Roder

Just out of curiousity, what is the difference between a crank and a crackpot? While the crackpots are irritating at times, they do have a certain entertainment value. I was amusing myself earlier reading locked threads. Some of the pottery in those threads is so cracked that you might have to just call it shards. But it was still entertaining. But I still voted I'm a fan of no cranks.

I know a useful crank. He works with us. Absolutely a horrible person to live. But he has maybe 1 out of 50 of his ideas that nobody else saw. So I voted What ?.

Guess there's no room on this poll for the anti-cranks themselves !

Gokul43201 said:
Guess there's no room on this poll for the anti-cranks themselves !
Good point there. Though, you can be a fan of yourself if you're an anti-crank, and then can vote.

anti_crank is one of many members deserving of praise. I'm as much a fan of him as I am of our many, many other helpful members. :smile:

- Warren

what what is anti-cranking I'm confused please explain

chroot said:
anti_crank is one of many members deserving of praise. I'm as much a fan of him as I am of our many, many other helpful members. :smile:

- Warren

Oh, I didn't realize there was an actual member here named anti-crank. :redface: Guess I should ask more questions before casting votes next time. :blushing:

I'm a big fan. His (?) posts are like random lightning bolts from Zeus on unsuspecting crackpots.

I say, "Woo-Hoo Anti Crank!"

When I read his first post a while ago, I remember thinking "That's exactly what I wish I could have said." Some of the folks on the TD threads make me so angry and I don't really know why. Why can't I just stay out of that forum? WHy do I keep looking there?

THe answer is that I just can't stand the idea that people feel that they can take a shortcut to understanding the universe and insist that flimsy speculation is just as good as studying your butt off for four years (or more). I wanted despaerately to put them in their place, but I simply didn't have enough facts at my fingertip (not enough time, not enough memory) to skewar them just right.

If you haven't read one of anti_cranks's posts, check the recent one in TD forum.

He definitely gets my vote

Any guy how agree's with my theories get's my vote...

Thank you for proving I was not insane...

I am now waiting for anyone to ask to discuss my solutions to the questions put forward by David Gross at String's 2000.

Regards

Terry Giblin

1. What is the purpose of the Anti_crank fan club?

The purpose of the Anti_crank fan club is to provide a safe and supportive community for individuals who do not enjoy or appreciate "cranky" behavior.

2. How can I join the Anti_crank fan club?

To join the Anti_crank fan club, simply visit our website and fill out the membership form. Membership is free and open to anyone who shares our values.

3. What types of behavior are considered "cranky" by the Anti_crank fan club?

The Anti_crank fan club considers any behavior that is negative, grumpy, or unpleasant to be "cranky." This can include complaining, criticizing, and being easily irritated or annoyed.

4. Is the Anti_crank fan club against expressing negative emotions?

No, the Anti_crank fan club believes it is important to acknowledge and express our emotions, both positive and negative. However, we encourage members to do so in a constructive and healthy manner.

5. How does the Anti_crank fan club handle members who exhibit "cranky" behavior?

The Anti_crank fan club follows a non-judgmental approach and will work with members to find healthier ways to express their emotions. However, if a member consistently exhibits "cranky" behavior and does not show a willingness to change, they may be asked to leave the club.