Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Antimatter in proton

1. May 29, 2017 #1
    Hi! I am asked to calculete the portion of antimatter present in protons. I am sayed that this portion is given by:
    r=(3R-1)/(3-R), where R is R=σ(antineutrino)/σ(neutrino). Another definition of r is r=∫x*Q'(x)dx/∫x*Q(x)dx, where Q(x) are partonic densities Q(x)=d(x)+u(x) (d is down quark and u up quark). Q'=d'(x)+u'(x) (d' antidown and u' antiup). x is Bjorken variable x.

After doing this, I am asked to say if this answer would be correct if we included density of quarks s and s' (strong, antistrong), and to tell how this density would manifest in total cross section.

Can you guys help me or give me some bibliography? I am sorry if I havent made myself clear, English is not my mother language...

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 3, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted