Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Antivirus problem

1. Jan 11, 2005 #1
    I just installed Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition 7.6 on win 98, but when I go to get the updates, it says it's already running. Can anybody help me with this problem? Why is it already running when I haven't done anything yet... and it won't get the updates. It scans ok, but no updates. Help!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 11, 2005 #2
    I think when norton starts it enables auto update option which allways loads at startup .

4. Jan 12, 2005 #3
    it doesn't do that in my other computer and it never stops running. how do I know if it's up to date?

5. Jan 12, 2005 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

When it scans, it tells you the date of the virus defintions.

6. Jan 12, 2005 #5
    why would norton antivirus automatically run updates in one computer and not the other? I have always opened norton and clicked on get updates and downloaded them before scanning. the other computer says it is already running live update and it never stops running.

7. Jan 12, 2005 #6
    Try disabeling the Auto Update feature, and then restart your computer and try.
    Just an idea. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?