Solve Antivirus Problem - Norton Corporate Ed 7.6 on Win 98

• Thread starter z4955
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker installed Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition 7.6 on Windows 98 and encountered difficulties with getting updates. They noticed that the program automatically runs updates on one computer but not the other, and they usually manually download updates before scanning. They suggest disabling the Auto Update feature and restarting the computer to see if that helps.
z4955
I just installed Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition 7.6 on win 98, but when I go to get the updates, it says it's already running. Can anybody help me with this problem? Why is it already running when I haven't done anything yet... and it won't get the updates. It scans ok, but no updates. Help!

Computer science news on Phys.org
I think when norton starts it enables auto update option which allways loads at startup .

it doesn't do that in my other computer and it never stops running. how do I know if it's up to date?

When it scans, it tells you the date of the virus defintions.

why would norton antivirus automatically run updates in one computer and not the other? I have always opened norton and clicked on get updates and downloaded them before scanning. the other computer says it is already running live update and it never stops running.

Try disabeling the Auto Update feature, and then restart your computer and try.
Just an idea. :smile:

1. Why is Norton Corporate Ed 7.6 not working properly on my Windows 98 computer?

Norton Corporate Ed 7.6 is an outdated version of antivirus software that was designed to run on older operating systems such as Windows 98. As technology has advanced, newer viruses and malware have emerged which may not be compatible with this older version of Norton.

2. How can I solve the antivirus problem with Norton Corporate Ed 7.6 on my Windows 98 computer?

One solution would be to upgrade to a newer version of Norton or switch to a different antivirus software. You could also try running a full system scan and updating the virus definitions to ensure the software is functioning at its best capacity.

3. Is there a way to make Norton Corporate Ed 7.6 work on Windows 98?

While it may be possible to make Norton Corporate Ed 7.6 work on Windows 98 by tweaking some settings or using compatibility mode, it is not recommended. This could potentially leave your computer vulnerable to new threats and may not provide adequate protection.

4. Can I still get support for Norton Corporate Ed 7.6 on Windows 98?

Unfortunately, support for Norton Corporate Ed 7.6 on Windows 98 has been discontinued as it is an outdated version. It is recommended to upgrade to a newer version of Norton or switch to a different antivirus software that is compatible with Windows 98.

5. Why should I upgrade to a newer version of Norton or switch to a different antivirus software?

Using an outdated antivirus software can leave your computer vulnerable to new and evolving threats. Upgrading to a newer version of Norton or switching to a different software will provide you with the latest protection and ensure the security of your computer.