Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any Applicants? Followed by questions curious

1. Aug 30, 2004 #1
    Any Applicants? Followed by questions....curious

Lastly, would you all mind if I (kind) of took a poll on (how) many of you are currently enrolled in advanced education? *Note: Advanced Education covers all areas'....

Next to last question....
    What are your hopes dreams after you have fulfilled your dreams of desire with your high education?

~Werdas'

:::::::Wavin' "HELLO" to all my PF family! :biggrin:

BWK: FOR BOULDERHEAD!! :blush:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 30, 2004 #2

Tide

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I wonder what Lauren will say when she sees your message here? :-)

4. Aug 30, 2004 #3
    perfect candidate

I am 24 and single. I think you are not wrong to search a companion for your daughter on PF, because there are so many great persons here ! I do believe in God, and feel really concerned about missionary vocation. I might even one day become one, although I did not take such decision yet. I am currently working on my PhD in physics. My hope/dream would be to found a groupement of schools designed to teach from lowest to highest level in poor countries. I already have a bunch of educated people/friends with serious background among which I know some of them would follow me. To complete the dream description : Besides, I am french :approve:

So, am I not a good candidate ? :blush: :shy: :redface:

To be honest, I don't really believe one can find her/his "soulmate" on the internet. That is were you might be wrong. Indeed, nothing can not "compute" or determine with certitude the perfect match one can feel sometime with another person. Too many "random" parameters are to be taken into account.

Anyway, I am way too crazy. :surprise:

5. Aug 30, 2004 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hey! No stealing the PF men for non-PF members! :grumpy: If she wants to meet PF guys, tell her to join :biggrin:

6. Aug 30, 2004 #5
    No problem :rofl: she is due for a name change :rofl: more so than she knows........ YIKES! ~Werdas

7. Aug 30, 2004 #6
    LoL? Did I miss something? What was the original thread about? >:|

8. Aug 30, 2004 #7

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, just me ~ trying to find my daughter a special young man. Only :surprise: I wrote too much about her in the original thread...so I deleted that part until I could .... umm, rephrase it better. Brief synopsis on her: Female/23/Single/green eyes-blond hair/multi-degreed/5'7"/125 lbs/ beautiful young lady... involved in missionary religious work in foreign countries...currently working on her third degree at the University - then leaving for law school. PS: She is SMART AS A WHIPPIN' ...

< this here Mom (ME :wink: ) is..... ummmmm, ("well, heck, I .....) 'nuff said :uhh:

9. Aug 30, 2004 #8
    Applications Accepted: Apply Within

Yep, you sound good. I put you, thus far, at the top of my list. Round two shall lift your face as I try to tie her into this forum, and let her take it from here! ~Werda

10. Aug 31, 2004 #9
    Well, that's glad to hear. Most moms are overprotective of their daughters :P Sigh, I'm having a party tonight, and 3 entire moms won't let their daughters stay the night >:|

Oh well, good luck, LoL =)

11. Aug 31, 2004 #10

jimmy p

Gold Member

I'm in love!! :blushing: :shy: :biggrin:

12. Aug 31, 2004 #11

Evo

Staff: Mentor

You sound wonderful humanino.

I found my best friend over the internet. He lives in Italy and we never would have met otherwise.

13. Aug 31, 2004 #12
    Thanks Evo for giving me hope. :smile: but I consider your luck as really improbable.

See, I keep using those scientific terms : who uses improbable. Thast makes me a geek, I'm sure about that. Are you :devil: not ironical when you say
    When I re-read myself, I feel I sound horrible :
    What a sentimental-disabled person on earth would use such terms to desrcibe love !? :cry:

14. Aug 31, 2004 #13
    I am so proud to be on the top of the list :approve: :biggrin: :tongue2:
    I hope this year, nobody else will apply to the Nobel prize. That would let me a chance :laughing:

People must be too shy to answer. :blushing: :shy:

15. Aug 31, 2004 #14

jimmy p

Gold Member

I am not in Advanced Education, but I am planning on a part time degree when I build the money up. I live in the wrong country though.. :cry:

Once I am older I'm either going to fulfill every child's dream - be a BUS DRIVER!! (joking!! :wink: ) Nah, I'll be rich and famous... maybe I'll join some band and bring back dirty rock n' roll like Hanoi Rocks or Guns 'N Roses, and become an icon/sex symbol for men/women.

16. Aug 31, 2004 #15

Evo

I am absolutely serious, you sound wonderful, extremely wonderful, and a lot of girls like guys that use scientific terms, and you're really cute! You've got it all. :smile:

Also, you can get new family members online. Since joining PF, I have added an identical twin sister, a twin sister (possible triplet?), an alien brother in law, and a grown English son. Life just doesn't get any better than this! :approve:

17. Aug 31, 2004 #16
    Best internet site ever

Thanks very much Evo ! I indeed begin to feel home here. Life just doesn't get any better, that's true. Hopefully I will not get totally absorbed by PF. Ivan already gave his organs did not he ?

where are they ? :laughing:

18. Aug 31, 2004 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ah, if you were only about 10 years older (or me 10 years younger). :biggrin:

Well, I suppose that's better than 3 half-moms :laughing:

19. Sep 1, 2004 #18
    Maybe we could share the task : what if we both pretend a 5 five years shift ? Nobody would notice 5 years, it's very few :cool:

Lauren should hurry. She had one candidate, and he will soon be stolen :smile:

20. Sep 1, 2004 #19

Evo

I like the way you think humanino!! :approve:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?