What Legal Precautions Should I Take Before Sharing My Invention Online?

• Thread starter Arctic Fox
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is looking for someone familiar with international laws on the internet to privately message them about an idea they have. They trust the community on this forum but are unable to discuss their problem openly. They have been advised to seek legal advice from a professional and not to trust advice from unknown individuals on the internet. They also mention a potential concern regarding a "Doomsday Device."
Arctic Fox
I would like someone on this forum who is familiar with law on the internet (international) to please PM me. I have an idea, but need to know what walls I should put up beforehand.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Arctic Fox said:
I would like someone on this forum who is familiar with law on the internet (international) to please PM me. I have an idea, but need to know what walls I should put up beforehand.

Thanks.
You're going to have to be more specific.

Sorry, I can't out in the open.

I'd go the the Law Forums, but you guys are the only ones I trust. My problem does concern Physics, of sorts.

Arctic Fox said:

I'd go the the Law Forums, but you guys are the only ones I trust. My problem does concern Physics, of sorts.
A forum isn't the place to go. I am familiar with a lot of international and e-commerce "laws", but not in a position to give legal advice. If you need true confidentiality you are going to have to consult (and retain) a real attorney. You can inquire about legal specialties through the American Bar Asssociation, or a local Bar. If you are not in the US, search on something similar in your country. I would NOT accept legal advice from someone unknown over the internet, even if they got to you through this forum. PF cannot validate every member.

Arctic Fox said:
If it's still that Doomsday Device, don't worry about privacy. Once you demonstrate it, nobody will steal your design.

What is the purpose of the phrase "Any Attorneys in the House?"

The phrase "Any Attorneys in the House?" is often used as a way to ask if there are any lawyers or legal professionals present in a group or gathering. It is usually asked when there is a need for legal advice or assistance.

Why is this question commonly asked in a group setting?

This question is commonly asked in a group setting because it allows for the identification and presence of any legal professionals who may be able to offer assistance or advice. It also helps to save time and resources by not having to search for a lawyer individually.

What type of situations would prompt someone to ask "Any Attorneys in the House?"

This question is often asked in situations where legal knowledge or expertise is needed, such as during a discussion about a legal matter or in the event of an emergency where legal assistance may be required.

Is it appropriate to ask this question in a formal setting?

In most cases, it is not considered appropriate to ask this question in a formal setting, such as a court proceeding or a business meeting. It is best to seek out legal assistance in these situations through proper channels.

What should be done if there are no attorneys present in response to this question?

If there are no attorneys present in response to this question, it is recommended to seek out legal advice or assistance from a professional lawyer or legal service. It is also important to remember that not all legal matters can be resolved in a group setting and may require individual legal representation.