Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any civil engineers here?

1. Jan 29, 2010 #1
    I'm presently doing my second year in B.Eng civil, and I'm just curious what a day to day work is like in this field. Repetitive lecturing from teachers on how various lives are at stake in civil engineering field has me a little freaked out (case studies of past civil mistakes didn't help). So now I'm just thinking of finishing my B.Eng and doing a complete 180 to pursue a masters in financial engineering. Anyway, I'd just like to get some real feedback of people on the field.

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2010 #2

radou

Homework Helper

Complete nonsense.

Of course, it is a responsible job, but you never work alone and unsupervised, specially not in the start. If you're interested in civil engineering, you should finish your degree.

Then again, if you're interested in economics, you can combine the two in a way. Civil engineering is much about buisness, too.

4. Jan 29, 2010 #3
    Scope of civil Engg..

it totally depends in which region of the world you live...

5. Jan 30, 2010 #4
    Ya that's true.

I live in Montreal (Canada), most likely will continue to do so after I graduate.

6. Jan 30, 2010 #5
    Canada.. a good place for civil engineers.. Engineering is still much better than any other profession of the world.. I am doing comp system engg... Continue man...

I assumed may be you are from India.. :-)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook