1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any cosmologists here?

1. Feb 7, 2017 #1
    I'm not sure that this is the right spot for this, but I am a ( I like to think) an up and coming cosmologist. I assume that there are some theoretical astrophysicists/cosmologists present on this forum, and I wish to inquire as to your education. Namely, what degrees do you have, what did you do your PhD in and where, and so on. Of course, this is just professional curiosity, but also some element of rivalry ;)

For example, I double majored in math and astrophysics, and then got a PhD from MIT in cosmology.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 7, 2017 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Welcome to the forum. Generally, asking for other people's personal information is a no-no on PF but maybe your request will pass. I suggest you read the forum rules since this is one forum where the rules are actually observed. Usually.

4. Feb 7, 2017 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. :smile:

So in line with the privacy considerations that phinds mentions, you can look through the threads in the Cosmology forum to see who the regular members are there, and then click into their Profile pages to see if they've posted some of the information that you're interested in. Some folks do fill out the Information tab on their Profile pages, and others do not. It would be inappropriate to send a Private Message to a member asking for that information, but if they have already posted the information themselves in their Profile, then they are obviously comfortable with you reading the info.

5. Feb 7, 2017 #4

berkeman

Impressive credentials, BTW. :smile:

6. Feb 7, 2017 #5
    Ahh ok. Alright then, if it passes, then all good. If not, then oh well. Thanks for replying.

7. Feb 7, 2017 #6

berkeman

If what passes?

8. Feb 7, 2017 #7

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I think he's replying to my statement that his request might pass.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted