1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any Decent Books to Understand Mathematics of Physics?

1. Oct 17, 2007 #1
    Hey, let me begin by saying that I love science. I have always loved science. But to be prefectly honest, math has never been one of my strong subjects. It's not that I'm bad at math, I can understand most math concepts when given enough time to study them, but all of my math courses go by at 200 MPH and I never get much time to study the material. I come onto this forum and I see people speaking in foreign tounges of tensors and algorithms and I think it would be kind of cool to learn some of that stuff. Anyway, here's my question: are there any good books out there that can help you learn this step by step and that don't assume that you're already an AP Calculus student? I would like to be able to have a book that effectively describes not only the mathematics, but the theory as well.

-Thanks!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted