1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any engineers do a 3+2? insight

1. Sep 17, 2008 #1
    Hey guys,
    I was wondering if anyone is either currently attending, or has already gone through a 3+2 program for engineering. For those that don't know what this is, it is when you study the basic math/gen ed classes at one college, then continue to study mostly engineering at another school that is more suited for it, and earn a dual degree in the engineering field of ones choice + a degree in physics/chemistry/math. I just wanted to know about any experiences, maybe how good this would be to a resume and job outlook, perhaps info on work loads/social life while trying this... or the extreme lack of social life :smile:. It seems to me that this might not be too much extra work, because alot of courses overlap in these fields. Now of course, there will be extra requirements to get a full degree in math/physics/chem, but a decent bit will transfer, or at least that is my belief. Any kind of info is greatly appreciated, in that this might have a big influence on the choice of my college, because one of the colleges that i am looking into only has a 3+2, and the final 2 years is spent at maryland or delaware, respectable schools, for the same (low) price that i will be paying for the first 3 years.

Thanks fellas.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted